I Live in Clifton VA. I Want to Have a Revision Rhinoplasty?

Most of the area surgeons say my nose looks great, even though I express that my nose is too wide and has a bump. I'm really tall (6'6)and surgeons keep telling me my nose fits my face - even though I have a bump? What if I want a smaller nose? Isn't that my call to make?

+1

It would be difficult to comment on the appropriateness of a rhinoplasty without pictures or an exam.  Usually a hump can be removed.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question.  While a rhinoplasty is a very personal decision, there is room for some discussion.  There are certain guidelines with respect to the interaction of the nose to the face.  While these are not hard and fast rules they should be considered in order to achieve harmony between the face and nose.  If your nose dose have a bump and is wide, then a subtle revision rhinoplasty may be enough to achieve your goals.  Seek another consultation with an experienced secondary rhinoplasty surgeon.  All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Experienced surgeon for revision rhinoplasty surgery

+1

It is best to choose a surgeon who has extensive experience in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty to keep the revisions to a minimum. Without pictures,  it is not possible  to give an opinion about whether or not a revision rhinoplasty is necessary. If there is a hump present on the nose this can be shaved down, and osteotomies will be required to narrow the nasal bones. Please see the photo gallery link below for examples of hump removal in our rhinoplasty practice

Patient Wants a Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes it is your choice re having a revision rhinoplasty. However you do need to find an experienced surgeon who agrees with your aesthetics and will help you achieve your goals. Please send me a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website if you want my evaluation.

Virginia Rhinoplasty Specialist

+1

Hi

The nose has to fit the face but a bump is a bump and a bump does not belong on the nose.  The length and projection of the nose is one thing but a nose with a bump can be improved with a good rhinoplasty.  Most surgeons do not specialize in Rhinoplasty.  Fine one that dedicates over 95% of his surgeries only to Rhinoplasty.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You decide on the surgery, however the doctor need to be convinced that there is room for improvement before they do elective surgery.  It is difficult to give you and advise without examination and discussion of your goals