Can't Live with Divots & Wavy Thighs 5 Years After Bad Lipo, What Can Be Done?

Dear Doctors, Sorry I can't provide a photo, but I can describe my issue. I had lipo on my inner & outer thighs 5 years ago, and haven't been able to wear a bathing suit since. The lipo caused divots (which look like cellulite) on my outer thighs, & my inner thighs are wavy. I spin 5 days a week, hike etc.. but my legs look horrible! I am not asking for a cure for cellulite, but desperately need some advice on how to improve these divots on my outer thighs, and the wavy inner thighs. Thanks!!

Liposuction Skin Divots and Wavy Lines Can Be Treated with Fat Injections

+3

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear of your experience.

Skin depressions and wavy lines can be treated with Fat Injections.

At the same procedure high areas of fat left behind can be contoured with Liposuction. I have found Laser liposuction very helpful in these situations.

Wavy legs after liposuction

+1

Wavy areas or contour deformities of the legs are certainly not the norm after liposuction but are a known complication. Without an exam it's difficult to say what is best in your case but fat injections and in some cases well placed additional spot liposuction can help. The areas will never be perfect but these techniques can make them better. Best of luck! Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Waviness on thighs

+1

Waviness on thighs is tough to deal with. This could be natural changes of the thigh skin, contour irregularities from liposuction, or loose skin.  Hard to say without and exam, and can't say what if anything would be helpful without that information.

Liposuction

+1

Your description sounds like overly aggressive liposuction of thighs. That may be partially correctable but in my experience is never completely correctable.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Fat transfer often helps after bad liposuction.

+1

Hi.

I strongly disagree that waviness after liposuction is common.  It is a complication.  It can be often helped by a combination of spot liposuction and fat injections into the hollows.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Can't Live w/ Divots & Wavy Thighs 5 Yrs Aftr Bad Lipo, What Can Be Done?Answr

+1

Liposuction is probably the most imprecise procedure we do and waviness can be common, especially on the inner thighs and in patients older than 40. And it depends too on the quality of your skin and in some cases of very loose wavy skin, a thigh lift might be the only way to smooth that out.. In smaller areas, fat injection may work as well...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dimples after liposuction

+1

At this point the best option would be to try some fat injections into the depression to get them lifted. It might take more than one session but there should be some improvement with that procedure.

Julio Garcia, MD

Dents and waves after liposuction

+1

The dents and waves on the inner and outer thigh can be the result of poorly done liposuction, though can also result from poor skin elasticity which makes imperfections more apparent. It might be possible to spot suction the areas, and fat graft where able to smooth out the result. Repairs can be difficult.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Treatment of wavy thighs and divots after liposuction.

+1

Thank you for your question.  You mentioned that you exercise 5 days a week but you did not mention anything about your weight. The first issue that could be addressed is your weight as this is something that you can work on yourself.   Exercise and proper nutrition is about the only thing that you can do.  As for surgical correction it may be possible to improve the appearance of your thighs with ether fat injection and/or spot liposuction.  You may also benefit from having  any excessive skin removed. I would suggest that you seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who after examining you will be able to give you your options. Best of luck. 

Donald M. Brown, MD