Does 3 Liters of Fat off Body Look Like the Same Volume of 3 Liters of Liquid in a Bottle?

I had 3 L taken off my abdomen. supposedly. It looks a tiny bit smaller, but the over all size of my abdomen did not change much. I imagined 3 L of liquid in a bottle and held it up to my stomach. I assumed that that much volume would disappear from my abdomen. But comparing this way, it only looks like 1 L was taken. I am 10 days post op. Would 3 L of liposuction liquid waste actually only look like 1 L of solid body fat.?

3 liters of fat or other liquid are they same

+1

Thanks for the question.

Liter is a calibration for volume of any liqid. which means whether its mercury,water,Koke,or fat what ever makes it 3 liters that is what it is .However each of these liquids when weight it will be different for the same amount of volume .In this case 3 liters of fat will have different weight then 3 liters of Coke.

Fat is very light in weight and therefore after 3 liters of fat removal there may not be any change in your weight but the shape will finally change if you use pressure garments sincerely for 3 months.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction volume

+1

Thanks for your question.  When I tell someone I removed a certain volume, then 3 Liters of aspirate should look like 3 liters of volume in a bottle.  However, that volume will represent fat, blood, and tumescent fluid placed into the abdominal fat to improve its extraction, not only fat.  Also remember, you are still swollen after surgery. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

3 liter liposuction

+1

3 liters of liposuction if only the fat was measured would be the same as a 3 liter bottle.  Remember, that you most likely have a lot of swelling early post-op.

3L of fat

+1

Great question. It depends on whether the doctor included the fluid injected prior to lipo in the total measurement or what was purely fat. Even if it were 1-1.5 liters, that should still give decent improvement in most patients. It is too early to assess your results. You can ask your doctor about the volume.

Michael Hueneke, MD