Tumescent Liposuction Hasn't Made a Difference

How Many Liters Could Be Expected to Be Removed from Love Handles & Upper & Lower Abdomen on a 29-year Old, 171 Cm, 70kg Woman?

Including tumescent fluid, only 1.2L was removed from me. Now, 5 weeks later, there is a noticeable change to the shape of my stomach. However, my before and after measurements have only changed by 1cm and my weight and body fat % have actually slightly INCREASED (and I've been exercising & eating well). Is this normal?

I realize liposuction is a body contouring procedure and not for weight loss, but I'm irritated at having spent over $4000 on a procedure that only changed my waist line by 1 cm!

Tumescent Lipo

+1

Conventional aspiration is not always effective and even laser cannot be enough to remove the tissue that may be more dense.  Usually the bra line, love handles, and flanks are filled with more dense fat which is harder to remove.  We like to use the Vaser as this breaks apart the fat and assists in removal of dense fat areas.  The Vaser is a great equalizer.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon offering Vaser.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and volume loss

+1

you can expect more improvement over the next three to six months.  Five weeks is too early.  There is still some microscopic swelling that adds bulk to the tissues and as long as you are watching calories and exercising, you will probably see continued improvement in your shape.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Overweight and disappointed with lipo

+1

Putting your numbers in a form that others can more readily understand, you are 5 feet six inches and gained weight after being at 154 pounds. Calculating your BMI (Body Mass Index) it appears you are slightly overweight and thus may be expecting too much of liposuction. At this point, you might do well to get some coaching. Having someone look carefully at your diet exercise routine might point out some simple fixes. If you are already seeing a "coach," get a second opinion.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and results

+1

Lioposcution results can take several months to see the full effect.  This is because swelling takes a while to settle down.  A good discussion with your doctor pre-op may have alleviated your concerns and expectations.

Improvement after liposuction.

+1

It takes several  months to fully heal after any cosmetic procedure, although improvements can be seen shortly afterwards.   Subtle changes in shape can be seen months after the liposuction has been performed.  Be patient, you may still achieve your desired outcome.   I am cautious about telling my patients to expect changes in measurements because that is quite variable, but they will achieve an improved contour.  In answer to your other question, the amount of material removed depends on the volume of fat which is present.  That  can be determined during an examination, and is not based on height or weight.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon