Why Won't Doctors Inject a Smaller Amount of Dysport?

I have very good results from extremely small amounts of dysport-I usually get between 40 and 45 units TOTAL for my crows feet, between the brows and forehead. And no, I'm not mixing up the units with Botox! (I'm aware that the units for Dysport are between 2.5 to 3 units higher.) However, I've recently been looking for a doctor in my area and they all do Dysport or Botox by the area, minimum 75 units. This is almost double what I've used in the past, and I'm concerned with using too much.

Why Won't Doctors Inject a Smaller Amount of Dysport

+1

Dysport can be customized, but it also depends on the state medical board restrictions. Botox and Dysport are labeled as single use vials, so in Nevada (and perhaps Arizona), restrictions are set in how doctors can use the vials. This is why we don't customize a per-unit price structure in my office for Botox or Dysport. I am thinking the physicians' offices you contacted in Arizona may be following the same protocol. You can use less if you want, but you may end up paying for more....

Dosages for Dysport treatment

+1

Not everyone requires the exact same amount of Dysport for treatment so you just need to find a doctor that will use the amount that works best for you.  It is not at all unreasonable to use whatever amount gives you results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

The amount of Dysport you have suggested is reasonable.

+1

I recommend that you go see another doctor who will work with you.  If a small amount works for you, there is no reason not to use it.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Minimum amounts of Dysport

+1

In my practice I offer Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin and there are no "minimum amounts". I will only inject what each patient either needs or wants, and I charge by the number of units injected, not by the area. I think that is the most fair way so you are getting exactly what you pay for. I recommend you keep looking for another doctor.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon