Liquidy Feeling in One Side of Chest 3 Weeks Post Surgery, What Could be Causing this?

I had gynecomastia surgery 3 weeks ago. The right side of my chest was much more swolen after the surgery than the left. I have had fluid removed twice since then on the right side. Both sides are now the same size but the right side feels very soft and liquidy. My Doctor says this is normal and that it will get better but I am worried that the right side will remain soft and jiggly or wind up smaller than the left once the fluid goes away. Any thoughts?

Asymmetric Swelling after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

I'm glad that you are following closely with your plastic surgeon. If the “liquidy feeling” is a recurrent seroma then repeat aspiration will be necessary. If the sensation is caused by relatively loose skin then time will be necessary for the skin to bounce back.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you refrain from unnecessary “worry” (since this does not help),  allow time for skin contraction, and continue close folow up with your plastic surgeon.

Seroma in chest

+1

It sounds like you may have had a seroma. Often draining the fluid will suffice, but it has to be watched very carefully.