Liquid Liposuction/Liposoft...returning to Cardio Exercise?

I had Liposoft 3 days ago on my Inner Thighs, Flanks, and Lower Abdomen. Just wondering when I can return to cardio exercise - elliptical trainer etc. I usually train 6-7 days a week and am very frustrated by doing nothing. The pain is not too severe, occasional electric-type pains in the treated areas.

Exercise after Liposuction

+2

Although you should be asking your doctor this, I can say what the experience of my patients has been. We encourage brisk walking the next day or so after liposuction. There should be no jarring or impact movement however. Wearing the liposuction garment will help support the tissues and protect against injury to the healing tissues. Our patients have had no problems with exercise on an elliptical machine a week after liposuction.

T. Wayne Day, MD

Nashville, TN

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise after liposuction - Los Angeles

+1

Exercise is encouraged but be aware that the more strenuous the exercise, the longer your recovery will take in terms of swelling. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Return to exercise

+1

A week off normal activity is what is recommended in most cases.

Julio Garcia, MD

Return to exerecise after Liposoft.

+1

Whether the fat has been removed by tumescent liposuction, smart lipo, slim lipo, ultrasonic lipo or Liposoft, there is an area which needs to heal, the tissues need to adhere to each other and during that time there should be minimal movement of the tissues.  The compressive garments are used to support the tissues during the 1st 2 - 3 weeks of healing.  I encourage my patients to walk frequently starting the day after surgery to decrease the risks of blood clots in the legs and mobilize fluids, but no running or anything which jars the tissues should be done for 2 - 3 weeks.  By 4 weeks you should be able to return to full activity.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD