Liquid Lipo and Post-op Nutrition?

I was wondering how to best manage tissue healing and repair but also prevent weight gain(and possibly assist weight loss). I am a 26 year old female, 51kg and 5'3'. Will a nutritious high protein diet of 1200 calories be suffiecient for quick healing and optimum results?

Liposuction Recovery and Diet

+1

High protein content after liposuction is a good idea, but caloric restriction may not be the best idea for rapid or best healing.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Post Op Nutrition

+1

Thank you for your question. Eating a high protein diet will definitely help you recover faster and give you the optimum results. You can also see a nutritionist for a more complete regimen. Also, taking VitK and bromelain supplements can help with bruising. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in liposuction, as they may have more advice on their preferences. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Healing After Liposuction

+1

During the healing process, your body needs all the nutrients, not just proteins. It does need a small amount of sugar, fats, and vitamins and minerals. For this reason I suggest that if you're looking for continued weight loss you consume small amounts of a well-rounded diet. Omega-3's in fish can help with the inflammatory response, and vitamins and mnerals found in fruits and vegetables will help as well. Also, don't forget to stay hydrated! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD