Liquid Lift Vs Midface Lift?

Hello, I am a 35-year old female. I have maintained a reasonably fresh look using Botox, and dermal fillers in the mid face, tear trough, temple and naso-labial fold area. My fillers cost approx USD3000/12-14 months, and my doctor is board certified. I was a satisfied customer, but my skin is becoming looser. Upon visiting a plastic surgeon, I was advised that I was wasting $ on quick fixes. He recommended a midface lift. My dermatologist disagrees. Pls PM for pictures - Thank you

Mostly so-called midface surgery is a disaster.

+2

Fillers are very good when done properly.

There is no single agreed upon method of performing a midface lift.

Many of the methods lead to disfiguring consequences.  In no way should you consider it a reliable method with predictable outcomes.  The biggest complications I deal with are: 1. loss of volume in the temple due to the dissection, 2. alterations in the lower eyelid contour that necessitate complex and expensive reconstructive surgery, 3. disfiguring alterations in the shape of the corner of the eyelids leading to dissatisfaction.

Caution is advised.  Certification in plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery or even fellowship training in oculoplastic surgery does not adequately prepare a surgeon to offer reliable mid face surgery.  Proceed with caution.

Liquid Lift Vs Midface Lift?

+1

This question can be answered only in person.  If you're getting good results I would continue with nonsurgicals into your 40s.  I usually like a patient to be in their late 40s to early 50s before doing proper face lifting

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Facelift v. fillers

+1

Thirty five is young for a facelift.  Of course, without photos, it is impossible to tell.  The amount of money you have spent on fillers does not necessarily equate to a set amount of product.  Your skin should not be loosening excessively wtihin a year.  Certainly, as we age, even from 25 to 35, the face can change but it is important to strategize wisely and not to rush into an early surgical procedure which has its own risks and will, in all likelihood, need to be repeated.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Midface volume loss is an early sign of facial aging

+1

If you have had good results with dermal fillers and would like to see a more permanent change - mid facial fat grafting makes sense for you. Its probably too early for a facelift

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Fillers or Midface Lift

+1

Midface lift has its own set of complications.  If you do not like the cost paid for the fillers every year, you could consider fat grafting.  These are the two choices I offer all of my patients in your situation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Maintaining youth with fillers is probably a better option than a facelift in a 35-year-old.

+1

35 would be extremely young for facelift or some related procedure. Fillers and Botox probably are better choice at this time. Eyelid surgery might be indicated if heavy lids or familial trait.

Liquid Facelift vs. Midface Lift

+1

Thanks for this important question. A liquid facelift is not really a facelift, though it can give the appearance of a change in facial shape. Essentially, a combination of fillers and Botox are used to give the appearance of more volume in the upper cheek region and smooth out the deeper folds of the face. Botox is used to treat fine lines around the eyes and to reduce the forehead frown lines. It is physically impossible, however, to lift something by adding more volume to it. A midface lift, on the other hand, separates the cheek soft tissues from the underlying bone and literally lifts them. This works very well for people with adequate facial volume but early signs of gravity (sagging). If there isn't enough volume, then fat grafting may be considered as an additional therapy with the lift.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Surgery

+1

The only way to achieve permanent results is surgery.  Fillers are costly and very temporary.  Dermatologist are not surgeons, so you may want to consult with Plastic Surgeons regarding a facelift.  It is good to get a couple of opinions.  Be sure to go to someone with lots of experience and Board Certified.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Liquid facelift vs midface lift

+1

In general, fillers work best for volumizing and will not help with sagging skin. There are different types of facelifts available depending on the needs of the patient, and photos would really be necessary in order to provide you with advice. A facelift is a more permanent fix that can yield a great result for the right patient. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Liquid Facelift versus Midface Lift

+1

Your primary concerns should be safety and efficacy, not cost. At your age, most patients do well with fillers and fractional CO2 skin resurfacing (CO2 does a nice job tightening skin). Another option is radiofrequency skin tightening such as Exilis. A surgical midface lift may be recommended in some cases but is not always reliable long-term and carries more risk.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon