Can I Get Liquid Facelift if I Am Pregnant?

Liquid Facelift and Pregnancy

+1

I recommend you wait until after your delivery to get a liquid facelift.  It is better safe than sorry for you and your unborn child.

To know what might be good for you later, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

Liquid Facelift While Pregnant?

+1
When it comes to pregnancy, it is better to be on the safe side. Generally, it is not advisable to undergo injectable treatments while pregnant. After your pregnancy, you will be able to discuss with your dermatologist the best liquid facelift options for your needs.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Elective treatments during pregnancy

+1
While occasionally procedures do need to be performed during pregnancy, most physicians will limit this to procedures which are absolutely necessary.  Elective aesthetic procedures generally are not performed during pregnancy.  In the unlikely event that a procedure needs to be performed during pregnancy, it is desirable to wait until the third trimester.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and Botox during pregnancy

+1
It is generally advised to avoid administering Botox and Fillers to a pregnant patient.  Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon.

Janet Turkle, MD

Surgery, injectables, and skin treatments while pregnant

+1

In our medical training, we are taught "first do no harm". 

Thus, I would for go any unnecessary elective  procedures unless is was necessary to yours or your baby's health.

Enjoy the pregnancy!! After you delivered and recovered,  make a appointment with a board certified physician who has experience in all aspects of non surgical and surgical facial rejuvenation.

Robert A. Hardesty MD, FACS
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift during Pregnancy

+1

At this time, you are not able to undergo a liquid facelift. Fillers and neurotoxins are not safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Liquid Facelift While Pregnant

+1

I don’t encourage my patients get a liquid facelift during pregnancy.  It is mixed with lidocaine, which is a pregnancy category C drug and we don’t know what the effects are in embryos, so I would not take a chance.  I typically encourage one to wait until after pregnancy.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers During Pregnancy?

+1

There have not been enough studies done to determine if liquid fillers such as Botox, Radiesse, Belotero, etc. have any effects on a fetus. So, to be on the safe side, we advise pregnant patients to wait until after the birth of the child to have any cosmetic procedures done. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

The sacrifices we make!

+1

Liquid facelifts can produce some amazing rejuvenation results without surgery, using injectable fillers and neuromodulators, but as others have said, they're a "no no" while you're pregnant or breastfeeding.  

Dara Liotta, MD

Liquid facelift while pregnant

+1

Generally with pregnancy we recommend deferring all procedures that are elective. While there has been no evidence that facial fillers can harm the unborn child, it is always safer to not take any chances.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon