I Want to Do Lipsuction on my Calves~any Bad Consequences After??

hi~i am an asian male~and i go gym sometimes however ~no matter how i tried~i just cant slim my super thick~19.5 inches calves~ i am a stylish man and i always like to wear skinny pants or jeans my calves really making me feel unhappy and uncomfort~ i saw some videos about the liposuction calves on youtube & it looks not bad.. i just want to know any bad consequences after the lipo?like swelling for a period of time?cant walk well? is there another way to slim my calves beside lipo?

Calves

+2

Calves are tricky. You need lipo sculpture not liposuction. the difference is adding not just substracting

1-the ankles must be made very thin.

2-the calves themselves augmented.

3-the cut off zones should be ..sharp.

The idea is to make the calves look muscular and the legs look svelte. Its a very artistic endeavor.

see some one, preferably a board certified plastic surgeon who has does many. Good luck

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Lower Leg Liposuction

+2

Lower leg liposuction is not as popular as abdomen, love handles, back, thighs, etc.  However liposuction of the calves can be very effective in the right patient.  Just like any other area of liposuction, you should make sure that you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in liposuction.  Also, as with any other area of liposuction, you will have temporary swelling and possibly some bruising.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

+2

Thanks for posting the series of photos. As Drs Rand and Beraka stated and I agree, you are not a very good candidate for calf /ankle lipo. Best to be examined in person by a boarded PS who if familiar with lipo on this area. 

Calves and ankles do great with the micro canulas liposuction.

+2

Calves and ankles do great with liposuction under local anesthesia with the micro canulas.  There is no stitches and you are up walking around right away.  Do expect swelling for a month or two and the end result will be seen about 4-5 months later but you can go to work in 2 days wearing support hose for compression. Under clothes, nobody can see it.  Cost is roughly $5000.

Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf thickness - fat vs muscle

+2

An exam with a plastic surgeon is critical here because there is a strong possibility that your calf thickness may be mostly muscle in which case liposuction won't help.  Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Lliposuction of calves and ankles can have great results.

+2

HI.

1)  The lower leg seems to be the orphan area of liposuction, and I don't know why.  These are some of our most grateful patients.

2)  You need to be examined.  If the bulk in your calves is all muscle, liposuction will not help.  Otherwise, it will.  Ankles are fine obviously.

3)  The keys to success are to treat all around the calves with a good eye , to use very tiny cannulas ( 2 millimeters ), and to use custom fitted support socks for four weeks to prevent swelling.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)