Can Lipsonix Be Used in Abdominal Areas That Have Undergone Surgery?

I am considering liposonix (or traditional tumescent liposuction) to reduce my back fat (rolls) and the bulges in my abdominal area. My BMI is around 28. I had gallbladder surgery several years ago, and still have a small thin scar (less than an inch long) in my upper abdominal area from the laproscopic procedure that was performed. I've read that people with prior abdominal surgeries might not be candidates for this procedure. Can you provide an opinion on which procedure might be a better fit?

I agree with Dr. Baxter.

+2

An in-office consultation and examination is a good idea. The Liposonix technology can be custom-designed to sculpt fat while, at the same time, avoiding any pulsing near a scar. I would recommend that you visit with a physician who has experience with the Liposonix technology, and has treated patients with a similar history as yours. I hope that this answer has been helpful to you!

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Caution with Liposonix around surgical scars

+2

Liposonix is a completely noninvasive technology that destroys fat tissue with highly focused ultrasound. Fat tissue resp0onds in a predictable way but surgical scars could interefere. You would need to be seen in person to dtermine if it could be done in your case.

Richard Baxter, MD

Liposonix can be used in the abdomen area

+1
Liposonix is a safe and effective procedures to help get rid of those stubborn fat pockets non-invasively. If you have had surgery on the area prior, I recommend waiting at least 6 months to see your final results and then decide if you need further treatments. Consult with your doctor to discuss what is best for your body.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

LipoSonix around Scar Tissue

+1

If you are having Liposonix in the mid-abdomen and love handles, these areas should not be near where a cholecystectomy scar might be (which is typically in the right upper quadrant of your abdomen). Even if it did, I have actually found that I am able to use the system to break up any excess scar tissue that may be contracting skin in one area. I recommend consulting with your physician to be sure, but I would imagine the scarring caused by laproscopic procedures should not contraindicate LipoSonix. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD