MRI Scan After Lip Augmentation

I'm Having Lips Done A.m but Have MRI Scan on Neck Due P.m Will It Cause Problems?

MRI OK with Lip Implant

+2

Having the MRI of the neck region right after the lip implant should not be a problem at all.  You may be a little sore in the upper lip during the MRI, but it should not interfere with it in any way.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

MRI after Lip Augmentation

+1

An MRI of your Neck is not affected by your lip augmentation. I would proceed and not worry about it.

MRI test will NOT impact Lip Surgery

+1

Regarding: MRI Scan After Lip Augmentation
I'm Having Lips Done A.m but Have MRI Scan on Neck Due P.m Will It Cause Problems?"

The MRI is an elegant test which uses the body's own energy to obtain images. After it performs a quick preliminary scan in which it demonstrates which areas are located it applies a strong magnetic field across the body. The water molecules making up our body literally line up in the direction of the magnetic field. The machine then stops its field. The water molecules then return to face in whichever direction they were facing before and in the process give off minute amounts of energy which is picked up by the MRI scanner. The computer then uses the levels of this energy to create sharp picture of our anatomy.

Doing so will NOT affect any surgery which does not involve placing metallic objects in the body. You are safe.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea