I Have Lips Like Jamie Lee Curtis but Want a Little Bit Fuller Lip. What Would Be the Best Procedure for This?

Fuller Lip

+1

Your best option are Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restylane (which has FDA approval for lip augmentation). Consult with 2 - 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to explore your options.

+1

I have performed Lip Augmentation for well over 22 years using fillers and lip implants.  Understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial (and lip) beauty is essential for creating full, naturally attractive lips.  

First look at some fashion and beauty magazines at some lips that you find attractive.  Then find an MD that understands how to create the proper aesthetic lip proportion between the upper and lower lip.  Easiest is to try a filler like Restylane or Juvederm...the thicker fillers are not meant for the lips (Perlane, Radiesse), so avoid these.  For a more permanent lip augmentation, I use Alloderm lip implants that are soft and supple lasting about 7 years.

Best procedure for fuller lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for creating fuller lips. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. They have several advantages over permanent lip implants. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. Also, as your face ages it changes over the years. Touch up treatments are constantly being modified to fit the changing face. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers

+1

Lip augmentation can be done with fillers like hyaluronic acids. These are great products that usually give nice results.

Lip Enhancement With Filler Excellent Treatment for Achieving Slightly Fuller Lips

+1

The best way to conservatively enhance once lips so that they are slightly fuller is with injectable fillers.  There are different types of injectable fillers which can be used for lip augmentation.  The treatment is not complicated and is minimally painful when done with proper anesthetic (numbing). I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon for evaluation of your lips and treatment options that will give you the results you are looking for. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Lip fillers

+1

At least start with lip fillers like Juvederm or Restylane done by a good physician injector. Following the natural line of your lips (usually the bottom lip is 2/3 and top lip is 1/3) will give you nice, fuller lips but the same shape as you already have.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Lip fillers are always good to test the results before going to the permanent implants.

+1

A little lip filler such as restylane or juvederm($550/syr) 1st helps you decide what size you want for the lip implant ($1500-2000) which you will probably get sooner or later.  Fat injections have been very unpredictable. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat grafting for thin lips.

+1

I have used fat grafting  for 35  years and have had no infections or reactions since it is your own fat. To get the best permanent results the lips are overfilled which gives a temporary duck lip for 2 weeks. I have never had anyone who was  overfilled.

Fuller Lips

+1

You can go one of two routes: dermal fillers or lip implants.  I have found both to be successful and natural appearing, but there are pros and cons to both.  

Pros for dermal fillers: you can adjust the amount of filler and placement of it in your lips Cons: temporary and require reinjection, can sometimes be a little bit uneven if you are not careful.

Pros for lip implant: reversible but otherwise doesn't require repeated injections, comes in 3 sizes, smooth result Cons: comes in 3 sizes, upfront cost (although in the end it will probably cost the same or less than repeated fillers).

Kimberly Lee, MD