Recently Discontinued Having Lips Filled and Now Have Lip Wrinkles, Will These Smooth Out?

So I am 24, and have now decided to go back to my smaller lips, because I dont want to have to go in every 6 months for the rest of my life. Its been 8 months and I am seeing a lot of wrinkles on my lips, I never had these wrinkles before, will this ever resolve on it own? I have had 3 injections in my lips, please also give me advice on the longterm problems of getting fillers in my lips

+1

I am unaware of any published data suggesting that temporary fillers, like Restylane and Juvederm cause permanent lip lines and wrinkles with discontinued use.  You could always contact the manufacturers through their websites to ask that specific question.

Lip wrinkles after fillers

+1

There are a number of reasons why you may be seeing wrinkles around your lips that you had not noticed when you started getting fillers in them. 1st of all, if I do the 'math' it sounds like you started getting them injected about 2 to 2 1/2 years ago. In that time you have gotten a little older, and some lines in the lip body may be normal for you. Also, over this period you've paid closer attention to your lips than you probably did before the 1st injection. My advice - give it some time so the lips can readjust. You can always get them re-filled if you can't stand it, but perhaps you want to fill less than before and slowly 'wean' yourself off the fillers. Beware of permanent fillers in the lips - remember Permanent Fillers can mean Permanent Problems. I would also caution you against any procedure that leaves a scar around your lips or mouth.

Andrea Nowonty Hass, MD
Palm Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip wrinkles

+1

AT 24 is unusual for you to have lip wrinkles. You may be noticing creases around your lips more that your filler has gone away.  You can always fill them up if you are unhappy.

Fillers are temporary but more long lasting results are out there like perma lip and fat injections

+1

You don't have to rely on fillers to get lip augmentation. Perma lip augmentation, fat injections, the youngvolumizer, vy advancements, tissue implants are some more longer lasting options. Below is a video on perma lip augmentation. You can go to my website to see more videos on these longer lasting options.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon