Is There Anything to Make Lips Bigger for Ever?
- Asked by louiequake
- 2 years ago
Permanent Solution for Lips
You can choose either a lip implant OR a surgical lip augmentation.
If you choose a "permanent" implant, there are numerous substances that I commonly use as a graft or implant material in the lips. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- AlloDerm is a popular human-donor grafting material that is FDA approved and proven safe in lip augmentation and facial reconstruction. Under a local anesthesia, the material is inserted through tiny incisions made in the inside corners of the mouth. Delicate absorbable stitches that dissolve are used. The material is often absorbed, so that the results are only temporary, lasting from 12-18 months. This procedure takes about 15 minutes in the office under local anesthesia.
- Advanta and Gore-Tex have been shown to produce reliable and predictable results with few complications. These materials do not shrink and are never absorbed into the body making the procedure permanent. It also remains in place because scar tissue forms on both ends holding it in place. To insert Advanta and Gore-Tex, a small incision is made in the inside of the lip. The material is then made into the shape of a small tube and it is inserted with a needle.
- Fat grafting produces lasting results in most of the people who try it. Although it is possible that the body will reabsorb it, many people choose fat grafting because they are most comfortable with using the fat from their own body to enhance their lips. The fat is harvested from another area of the body, often the abdomen. It is then prepared and inserted with a needle into the lip from more than one point.
- SurgiSil is new to the market but promises a safe, definitive solution for permanent tissue augmentation.Surgisil is a patented, FDA approved device designed for tissue augmentation of the lips and has undergone extensive clinical testing to ensure its safety and efficacy. It is made of a soft, solid silicone elastomer using an injection molding process to produce a naturally contoured implant with a smooth, non-porous surface. The implant cannot rupture or deflate, and may be removed at any time. I have see great results with this product.
If you opt for Lip Augmentation through a Surgical Solution, you will certainly have a permanent result.
- Surgical enhancement of the lips provides a permanent alternative to injections and implants.
- Surgical enhancement usually takes less than one hour to perform in office under local anesthesia.
- Careful and fine incisions are created to shape the lips into their desired shape and form.
- Direct Lip Lifting creates a fuller upper and/or lower lip with imperceptible incisions. This precise procedure allows the patient to state just how full you want your lip and that is where I can place the new lip line.
- As the lip ages, the corner of the mouth tends to droop. Other procedures such as the Corner of the Lip Lift enable the lip to be reshaped so that the frown can be improved and a youthful upturned lip can be achieved.
- Local flaps bring material from inside the mouth outside to enhance the lips. Results are permanent. An incision may be made inside the mouth to push the tissue inside the mouth upward, and outward, into the lip, sometimes in conjunction with grafting. Or, an incision may be along the upper lip line. In this case, skin above the lip is removed, and the lip is then stitched along the line of the incision.
Being specific with the result that you are hoping for and consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon to determine what technique will be best for you. Best of luck!
Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/lip_enhancements.htm
Silicone 1000 has been used extensively for permanent lip augmentation.
Silicone 1000 has been used extensively for permanent lip augmentation. If this product is artfully injected in microdroplet quantities with at least one month in between treatments and a 1.5cc lifetime maximum quantity, it can be used very safely in skilled hands for permanent lip augmentation. This is off-label, but used extensively. I have personally treated hundreds of patients who are now out over 8 to 10 years with no complications.
Permanent Lip Enhancement
Hello and thank you for the question.
There are a few options available for permanent lip augmentation. These include implants, alloderm, and fat transfer. Fat transfer, in our hands, produces the best, most natural, and most predictable results. Fat tends to resorb at predictable amounts. Subsequently, it is sometimes necessary to perform a secondary augmentation with fat transfer. While there are no approved permanent injectable fillers for lip enhancement in the United States, there are some excellent options available in Europe which may become available in the United States at some point following FDA evaluation, clinical trials, and due process.
Best of luck,
Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Recent Lip Augmentation Reviews
Lip Augmentation Photos
Is There Anything to Make Lips Bigger for Ever?
Yes, silicon injection, permanent implants and fat transfer, when it survives, all result in long lasting lip augmentation.
Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com
Making Lips Larger
You did not mention your age or exactly what you mean by “bigger.” There are several reasons that one might want to enlarge the lips, depending on the cause or exact condition of the lips. Each has one or more ways of creating a permanent result. These methods include permanent implants, fat grafting, and surgery on the lips other than placing an implant. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in doing this to determine what is right for you.
Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgerytoday.com/face.php#lip
Permanent lip augmentation
I use either Alloderm or the silastic lip implants for permanent/semi-permanent lip augmentation. Both work very well for lip augmentation, IMHO.
Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com
Fat remains the long lasting filler and feels normal. May need to redo the procedure twice to get the results you want.
Implants may be felt, need maintainance.
Lip Implants tend to do well with the new types available.
Permanent lip implants are easy to put in and easy to remove if you ever want them removed but most never do. They run about $1500-2000 per implant and take about 20 minutes to place under local anesthesia. Sincerely,
Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.