Can Lipoxonix Be Used on Ankles?

Liposonix for Ankles

+1
While Liposonix is a great non-surgical option to reduce stubborn fat, it is best for abdomen/waist area and is not an ideal treatment for the ankles. 

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Need an Inch to Pinch for Liposonix to work

+1

I doubt very much one can pinch an inch of fat on the ankle area. Pretty much everywhere else where you can pinch an inch (not face or neck), Liposonix can be a decent nonsurgical option if one is averse to tumescent liposuction.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix would not be good for ankles

+1

Liposonix is a great new technology involve HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound) that can "obliterate" a zone of fatty tissue without any pain or damage to the skin.  The machine is designed to work 1.3 cms below the skin which is little over half an inch.  This is ideally suited for the torso, specifically the abdomen and flanks or love handle region is where it is best suited for.  The ankles have typically very little "fat" and the bone is very close to the surface.  I would not recommend this for the ankles.  I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS