How Much Lipousuction (How Many Incision Sites / How Many Areas) is Safe at the Same Time As Full Breast Reduction?

Body: very strong and muscular. Loose, hanging skin on arms, abdomen, thighs, buttock from weight loss. Considerations: scar tissue, trauma to the body, slightly low iron count, close to 50 years old.

Liposuction combined with breast reduction - is it safe?

+1

Jennifer,

I do liposuction frequently with my breast reductions. The numbers of holes placed and the volume to be removed varies from patient to patient. I personally do not lose much blood with either of these operations, but it is very important that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a formal evaluation.

From your description, it sounds like you may be interested in having skin removed in all of these areas also. Liposuction only removes fat and all the skin stays behind. Be careful to do your homework and see a boarded plastic surgeon that can meet your expectations.

Jennifer Harrington MD

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction not good for loose hanging skin.

+1

Hi.

It is alright to have liposuction of two or three areas together with breast reduction, but frankly you don't sound like a good candidate for liposuction.  ?body lift?

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction and breast reduction

+1

The physician has to look at the overall situation. How much of a reduction it will be, how much liposuction is requested, how much blood loss, contributing medical issues, etc..  Tis no exact answer and it will vary based upon the above.

+1

If you are otherwise healthy and your anemia is treated or managed, a full breast reduction with liposuction of several sites may be appropriate.  If the issue is hanging skin, you may want to have skin removal procedures considered as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How Much Lipousuction is Safe at the Same Time As Full Breast Reduction?

+1

Since there are no photos, it is hard to offer an answer. I will say that from your description of loose hanging skin, you may be considering the wrong operation. Liposuction is likely to make the skin looser. Discuss skin resection procedures with your surgeon--tummy tuck, arm lift, buttock lift. , thigh lift. 

All the best.