Will Lipotherme Tighten Loose Skin Above my Belly Button?

Lipotherme and skin tightening

+4

Lipotherme is a type of laser-assisted liposuction, so it does damage ("melt") fat cells and does heat the skin, which causes an element of skin tightening. It may be an option for your upper abdomen if you have extra fat there and just a bit of loose skin and are hoping for improved appearance, but not necessarily a "tight" result.

If you have more loose skin and you want a tight result, you may need to at least consider surgical options for skin removal, like a tummy tuck. Be sure to carefully explain to your surgeon what you want to achieve, so you and she can arrive at the best plan for you.

I often ask my patients during a consult, "What do you need to see in the mirror 6 months from now to make you feel like you made the right choice?" If the answer for you is "as flat and tight as possible", it's unlikely that any type of liposuction will get you there (depending on what you're starting with, of course).

Lipotherme for loose skin on your upper abdomen

+1
Lipotherme can help tightening the skin on your upper abdomen, but it has to be performed by an experience plastic surgeon who can safely reach the right temperatures that allow for collagen formation, without causing external injury to the skin.  

Lipotherme can be a great method to remove fat and tighten skin

+1

Lipotherme or Laser Lipolysis melts excess fat which is gently removed.  The laser energy stimulates collagen resulting insome skin tightening or shrinking. However, if you have a lot of fat removed you may need a surgical procedure such as a tummy tuck.