I Had Liposucton on my Thighs All Over 3 Weeks Ago, They Seem to Look Worse Now, Lumpy, Will This Improve?

my legs look worse now, they are chunky, look lumpy and cellulite will they improve?? its depressing

Lumpy lipo

+1

Dear Concerned Patient, Right now all we can say is wait and see. It normally takes up to three months to see the improvement and skin contour after liposuction.  It would be premature to do anything other than massage and perhaps ultrasound treatments to improve  the hardness. Stick with your surgeon and allow your body to heal.

Liposuction irregularities can be improved

+1

Typically most swelling is gone by week 4 after liposuction. However, final results are noted between 3 and 6 months.  If after that you are seeing large irregularities, speak with your surgeon.  Occasionally it is due to uneven liposuctioning from large cannulas, lasering or other technique issues.  Typically small irregularities can be smoothened out with a touch up procedure.  Always seek a second opinion if you are unhappy with your results.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumpy liposuction

+1

Liposuction should not be lumpy at the end of th procedure but it can be.  Give it time to settle down, massage may help, but I would consutl with your surgeon.

Contour irregularities after liposuction

+1

It can take several weeks for swelling to go down after liposuction.  Ultimately, your result will depend to an extent on your preoperative appearance, how much suction the surgeon performed and where, as well as your own personal healing.  Wearing a compression garment helps.  Speak with your surgeon.  

Appearance 3 weeks after liposuction

+1

Nikkio13, without photos for guidance as to how you look, it's hard to say if your postop appearance is normal or not. Everyone goes through swelling in the first weeks, and sometimes that makes the treated areas appear lumpy or irregular. It's best to be patient, follow your physician's advice, and if you're worried go to see him/her for  answers to your questions. j

Best of luck to you!

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon