Can Several Liposuctions Cause a Strange Shape?

I had a liposuction on my outer thighs in 2000 and in 2009 had 700 cc removed from my butt and thighs but I did it after a big diet so I was weighing 100 lbs (so 700 cc was a lot for my size). The weight gained now went on my arms and lower back and I had the back fat liposuctioned but I know I may gain another 10 pounds. Where will the fat go? back to my butt and thighs which are now bigger than the rest of my body again, or in non-liposuctionned areas (arms, upper back, calves, face...)?

Liposuction and Fat Distribution

+1

The key to a successful liposuction is to be at a stable weight before embarking on a surgical procedure.  don't try and lose an unrealistic amount of weight first or gain weight because you are undergoing lipo.  Just like having your clothes tailored - do it at realistic and stable weight.

However, once fat is removed, it is removed forever.  And, most women have lipo in their problem areas and thus where they normally put on fat, they now have less fat cells and you don't see the changes that you saw before lipo. Thus, you may put on weight in other areas sooner than before.  What happens isn't that your body changes how it puts on fat, but that you cant put on as much in the normal areas and you start to put in on in your secondary areas sooner.

Thus you may see your body in a different way as you gain or lose weight over time.

Best of luck.

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain following liposuction

+1

Clearly the issue and lesson here is achieve a stable weight prior to liposuction. Do not do the liposuction if you plan on gaining weight. In regards to your quesiton, it is more likely that the weight will be distributed to previously untreated areas. However, if you gain enough weight it will go everywhere. 

Weight gain

+1

your weight seems to have a significant range from highs to lows. Please remember that liposuction is not a replacement for exercise and diet.  When weight is gained after liposuction it tends to be distributed amongst different areas, but less on the area once liposuctioned as many of those fat cells have been removed.

Ronald Shelton, MD