Hollow Dents After Liposuction / Neck Lift

I had threadlift with liposuction under the jawline, chin and neck 4 months ago which ended up exposing my platysma bands and producing hallow dents. Two months after that procedure my PS wanted to do a neck revision resulting in a neck lift. He did not make any incisions behind my ears just the one under my chin. I still have the hallow dents and am wondering what else can be done to correct them. Please any advice would be helpful.

Secondary Neck Tuck-Up May Be Needed For Neck Skin Pleating

+2

What you have is some skin redraping issues after these procedures. Despite the freeing up of the skin after liposuction, there is excessive skin that has not contracted well. This may improve somewhat with more time but, in the end, a neck tuck-up (mini-facelift) will likely be needed to work and smooth out this banded and irregular skin. The excess skin must be freed, elevated and removed from a vector of pull from behind the ears. 

Dents after neck surgery possibly helped by fat injections

+1

If you're only left with indentations now and the bands have been corrected, then possibly small amounts of fat grafts ( fat injections ) could be done to lift the indentations. Ask your surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Limited incision neck lift. A toughie.

+1

There are very few candidates (patients who will do well) with a limited incision neck lift.  I wish it were easy.  Entire text books can be done on the subject.  So many things have been tried over the years to correct platysma bands without the lateral (behind the ear) incision.  Now, with scar tissue and volume loss defects, the level of difficulty is even higher.  You may have to have an open mind about how to repair this condition and get more than one in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ritu Chopra, MD