Liposuction Vs Zeltiq for Love Handles

What I Can do best? Liposuction or Zeltiq? I've some tiny love handles........My goals is to loose some fat on my hips

Zeltiq CoolSculpting for love handles or liposuction

+1

It all depends and your examination would help the physician determine your suitability for the procedure. If there is not enough fat to do liposuction without increasing your risk for a complication, then Zeltiq would be the better treatment. The physician can tell you if you may need more than one treatment. If there is substantial fat, then liposuction is more effective, but does entail surgical risks that are not involved with Zeltiq coolsculpting.

Liposuction or Zeltiq for love handles

+1

From your description of "tiny love handles," it sounds like Zeltiq might be a great option for you to try first. It will give you a 20-30 percent reduction of the prominence of the love handles. Laser-assisted lipo might give you something more like a 70 to 80 percent improvement.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq

+1

As someone who has the zeltiq machine and performs variopus types of liposuction I can tell you that each procedure has its advantages. Zeltiq ius good for limited areas of fat in the abdomen, love handles and bra area.

David L. Abramson, MD

Limited improvement vs complete improvement

+1

I agree with all the above comment. Zeltiq is a limited procedure.  You may see some improvement in your waist. On the other hand liposuction will definitely give more substantial results. Factors that affect your decision would be the size of the love handles, office procedure vs surgical procedure, cost, and eventually final outcome. I would recommend you see pictures of patient who have waist shape close to yours and look at the after results. That would probably make easier for you to decide. Good luck

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

More fat removed by liposuction than Zeltiq for love handles

+1

If cost is not a consideration, you can always do Zeltiq first and then do liposuction if you do not get the results you want.  In general, Zeltiq gives about a 20% improvement with each treatment.  You can get much more improvement from a single liposuction procedure.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-surgical fat removal

+1
Unfortunately, the general rule is: you can't get more for less.  You cannot expect the same dramatic results from a non-surgical treatment as you could from a liposuction procedure.  So the question is how much of an improvement do you want?  Zeliq is relatively new and in my experience I'd like to see something to be around for a while, to allow real results to surface, as compared to marketing results.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lipo vs zeltiq

+1

Zeltiq may only imprve the area by about 20%.  Liposuction will be more successful to treat this to your satisfaction.

Lipo more reliable

+1

unless the lovehandles are so small as to be barely perceptible to others, you probably are better off with liposuction of some kind. i have been told by experienced users of such technologies that a 1/2 cm reduction in prominence is what you should expect with the non-invasive route....that is pretty darn small!!!

the type of lipo chosen does not matter nearly so much as the experience of the surgeon  wielding it.  

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Vs Zeltiq for Love Handles

+1

You could try the non invasive Zeltiq to see if you can obtain the result you desire. On REALSELF there is a 79% success rating but I'm still not sure. If it does not work for you than you can have Smart Lipo operation. The issue of the wasted funds and time must be addressed. From MIAMI