Stomach Feels Bloated 1 Year After Liposuction

I Did Liposuction a Yr Ago now it feels bloated wen i touch it & it looks like i am 3 months pregnant and wen i bend over the skin looks loose. i exercise regular 1 & a half yr now since my baby, wen i squeez in my tummy i can see my abs but when i stop sqeezin it in, it looks bloated. so all day & night i have to b squeezin in my tummy to get that flat look. my fear is that this was cause from the liposuction. need your opinion plz

Liposuction eliminates fat but does nothing for loose skin and muscle

+1

Liposuction eliminates fat but does nothing for loose skin and muscle. In fact, it can make it worse or even more obvious. A tummy tuck addresses all three conditions and may be a better option for overall improvement in the signs you describe.

Loose skin & Liposuction

+1

It sound like you may have loose skin resulting from your liposuction. Loose skin may appear worse if the patient had preexisting skin elasticity before the surgery. Liposuction only addresses subcutaneous fat but does not address excess skin or diastasis recti where abdomen muscles have widened. It sounds like you may be a candidate for abdominoplasty where the abdomen muscle is tighten and excess skin is removed. 

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Post pregnanacy abdomen

+1

Is it bloating like swelling or bloating look because of laxity of the muscle?  If it is the latter, it sounds like you may want to consider a tummy tuck. 

Bloating after liposuction

+1

As liposuction does not enter the muscle cavity it can not weaken the muscle wall. It is not easy to understand why you would have swelling from liposuction this many months after the procedure. See your surgeon and ask them if you need a tummy tuck or if there is an explanation for the bloating.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bloated stomach after Liposuction

+1

It  is possible your problem may be more one of skin and muscle laxity which would respond most appropriately to an abdominoplasty.  As noted, it is difficult to tell exactly without photos and examination.  Further evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in body contouring procedures may be helpful.  

Stephen Delia, MD

Liposuction is not the best treatment after pregnancy in most patients

+1

Unfortunately without photos we can only make limited comments but it sounds as though what you needed in the first place was a tummy tuck.  The muscle laxity and skin laxity are a consequence of pregnancy, not from the liposuction, and they can only be effectively treated by a tummy tuck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS