Liposuction on Other Areas Where I Gained Weight?

I went form 173 to 147. My goal weight was 140, but I couldn't get the other seven pounds off. I have gained around 10 pounds back and I'm currently weigh 158. My clothes still fit, but I had lipo on my stomach area. Should I have the rest of the areas where the weight went back to done? Do you think this will help enchance my new weight loss goal with proper diet in excercise?

Liposuction improves contour and removes bulges

+1

Liposuction is absolutely not for weight loss.  But if you like your new shape after liposuction, that may encourage you to keep weight off.  Probably the flanks and lovehandles should be treated.

Weight loss goals are rarely obtainable with liposuction

+1

If you are setting goals of weight loss and not contour improvement you may be setting yourself up for disappointment with Liposuction. Liposuction is a contouring modality and does not provide much in the way of weight loss. I have had patients "jump start" exercise programs with it, but they have been exceptions.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Contour the areas that need it

+1

The best way to maintain the results of liposuction is to keep your weight stable. Once you have removed the fat and have new, flatter contour you should be able to keep this as long as you do not have wide fluctuations in your weight. Proper diet and exercise is always the right answer to good health as well as maintaining your liposuction results.

Most people have more that one area that they need to contour. If your weight is stable at its current level, now is a good time to get the other areas contoured to reduce the bulges. Liposuction will remove some tissue and some weight but if you are doing liposuction only for weight loss you will be disappointed. Liposuction will improve contour and form but the results will not be seen on the scale but in your appearance and the fit of your clothes.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon