Should I Wait Before I Have Liposuction?

I just had a baby and I want to have Liposuction done. Is it a bad idea to get done if I want to continue having 3 more kids?

May want to wait a few months after Liposuction

+1

You may want to wait a few months after your last pregnancy before undergoing liposuction. Give your body some time to bounce back before you schedule your liposuction. If you are currently breast feeding you may want to wait until you are finished with that. As always you first want to try diet and exercise and use liposuction as a way of removing that remaining unwanted fat that is resistant to normal diet and exercise.

Wait at least 6 months.

+1

Liposuction after childbirth is no problem, but it is best to wait at least 6 months for your body to stabilize. During this time you should exercise and diet to try to lose as much weight as you can on your own. Liposuction is not a weight loss technique. Liposuction is helpful to reduce the fat in the typical feminine areas that do not respond to ordinary weight loss.

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon