Can I Have Liposuction if I Have Had a Umbilical Hernia Repair with a Mesh Put in

I am looking to have liposuction in the belly area & around the sides

Make sure you let your surgeon know about all of your previous surgeries

+2

Yes, you are still a candidate for liposuction, but it is important to communicate with your surgeon regarding this and all other surgeries you have had in the past.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Hernia Repair with Mesh and Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can be performed provided the repair of the hernia is still intact.  This area will be an area of more scar.  However, this will not present a challenge for an experienced surgeon.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD  Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction after hernia repair

+1

It is possible to still be a candidate for liposuction after your hernia repair.  You need to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination and a complete review of your health history.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

+1

I would get some imaging studies and a good physical examination to make sure the hernia is well treated first

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS