Liposuction Tunnel Scars

Procedures; Ist thread lift, liposuction- jawline, chin, and neck. 2nd Revision-neck lift incision under chin but not behind the ears and thread lift taken out. I'm 2 months into healing after neck lift and 4 months since first procedure. I also have tunnel scars going down my neck from the cannula instrument and two or three dents. Not to mention I have mandibular nerve damage which controls my lower lip so I also have a lovely crooked smile. What if anything can be done to fix all this?

Liposuction complications

+2

You may be surprised to see significant improvement in the appearance and symptoms.  Six months of recovery to eighteen months is needed for the body to improve itself and mature the healing process.  Secondary procedures can be done, but you will need to see a plastic surgeon in consultation, in person, to get the best evaluation and treatment plan.

Liposuction tunnel scars

+2

You need to give it more time...at least 6 months.  Liposuction wrinkling and tunneling gets better with massage of the neck.  The mandibular nerve gets a lot better within 3-4 months.

Stanley Castor, MD

Advise on neck appearance

+2

More time to allow full healing and remodeling is a good idea.  It also can take 3 or more months for facial nerves to recover.  Fortunately, they usually do in time.  The unevenness on your neck skin may improve with time as well, as swelling resolves and scar tissue softens.  If you continue to have excess skin in the neck area, you may need a neck or lower facelift to get the optimal result.  I would give yourself another 4-6 months before you consider any additional surgery.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

NECK IRREGULARITIES POST LIPOSUCTION/NECKLIFT

+1

I would wait 6 months before considering any additional surgery.  It is not uncommon to have some irregularties under the chin and neck following liposuction.  A program of gentle massage of the area will help to improve the hard lumpiness in these areas.   Hopefully the nerve function will return with time.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Give it time..

+1

In addition to waiting, gentle massage of the irregular areas may help. Do not jump into more revisions too soon.Good luck.

Bala S. Chandrasekhar, MD - RETIRED

Complications from neck liposuction

+1

The answers at this point in time is easy. More time. Things will generally get better over time. And over-treatment is a common misstep when faced with a complication. The mandibular nerve weakness should improve over time.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M. D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD