Liposuction & Tummy Tuck Candidate? Do I Need to Lose Weight First?

I'm 28 5'7' and weigh 167 pounds. I want to get liposuction in the mid area and a tummy tuck! am I a candidate or do I need to lose weight first? . . . I also want a bazillian butt lift!

Other options

+3

As the other surgeons have mentioned it is difficult to give precise advice on what to do without photos. An aspect not mentioned by others is the timing of your Brazilian butt lift. I do not perform large volume fat transfers with abdominoplasty because post-op positioning does not foster proper fat healing.  An option would be Lipo of the mid-section first with fat transfer at that time. If there is skin laxity afterwards then a Mini and not full TT could be done

Losing Weight before a Tummy Tuck

+2

As another surgeon has pointed out, the most important point prior to a Tummy Tuck is to be at a stable weight. However, if you are also considering a Brazilian Butt Lift, you don't want to lose a ton of weight, as your own fat is used to augment your buttocks.   If you do want to have both procedures, it's certainly OK to lose some weight, but don't go overboard.

Before and after Tummy Tuck photo link below, as well as a video about the Brazilian Butt Lift. Good luck!

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez

Baltimore, Maryland

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Losing Weight Before Lipo and Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

+2

Thank you for posting this question. It is going to be great for other patients to hear all of our responses. I do feel you should be at a stable weight and have lost as much weight as possible prior to abdominal surgery for optimal results. It would be awful to have surgery then lose much more weight and have additional lose skin that needs removing. So it is so important that you feel you are at a stable weight prior to surgery. I hope this helps. Best of luck!!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Photos please!

+2
You could be a candidate for either operation, or both, but without photos it's impossible to make a recommendation. Only you know whether you are comfortable at the current weight or would like to be a bit slimmer before undergoing surgery. I have not seen 15-20 lb weight losses in my abdominoplasty patients or anything in the literature to suggest that this is a generalized occurrence.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Candidate for Tummy Tuck?

+2

Your height and weight are good.  You should be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and possibly buttocks shaping.  Pictures would be helpful.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy tuck and weight loss

+2

This is a very good question and one that's commonly asked from patients. Unless you're morbidly obese, which is not the case with the statistics that you provided your are a great candidate for lateral tension abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). In my practice, most patients lose on average 15 to 20 pounds after abdominoplasty. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

5'7" 167 lbs Brazilian Buttlift and Tummy Tuck

+2

Your current height and weight may be perfect for Brazilian buttlift and tummy tuck.  To get the buttock and the contours you want you typically need to be slightly above goal weight.  I would recommend seeking out a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck result our best if you reach your ideal weight before surgery.

+1

Thank you for your question. There is no question that the best results for a Tummy Tuck are achieved your closest. This also reduces the extent of liposuction.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS