Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

hello,Im 6.2 ft and now weight 173lbs after loosing about 79lbs. I have left with saggy skin on my tummy and my waist, and some nasty stretch marks on both places. What should I do? My skin elasticity is poor. Isnt tt is a bit extreme since the big scar Ill be left with? How to get rid off the stretch makrs and these disgusting love handles. What bothers me most is: love handles, stretch marks and then the tummy.Should I just lipo the handles? is it going to help it and not look to saggy? Thanks

Lipo or Tummy Tuck

+2

Congratulations on losing your weight.I hope you used both diet and exercise to achieve it. About  75% of your work out should be weight resistance.

You will need to be examined by a plastic surgeon to determine which procedure if any will be best for you.

Good luck!

You would get much better result from tummy tuck

+2

You have done a great job by losing the extra weight. The excess tissue can not be treated with liposuction and will require tummy tuck.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck

+2

Without an exam it is difficult to say what woudl be best for you, but if you have loose sagging skin, liposuction may make it worse.  As for the stretch marks, a tummy tuck will only remove skin and fat in an elliptical skin pattern from the pubic region to the umbilicus.

Tummy tuck for loose skin and stretch marks.

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss. Liposuction does not fix loose skin. You said that you do not like the love handles, stretch marks, and tummy skin.  So if you want to get rid of these things, then the trade off is for a scar from some form of a tummy tuck with or with some focused liposuction. 

You have to decide which would bother you more, a scar or the love handles, stretch marks, and tummy skin.  Your call. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

TT vs liposuction choice.

+1

Your weight loss is great.  You must feel like a new person.  Your decision will require some trade offs.  To maximally tighten your skin, permanently remove some of the stretch marks and give you the best overall result a TT with flank liposuction would be required.  Yes, this entails a scar, but scars will fade over time and are placed so as to be as hidden as possible.  Once the scar is minimally visible you are left with an excellent result, reduction in the amount of stretch marks and contoured love handles.  Liposuction alone may decrease the love handles some but with poor skin elasticity the skin will look worse not better and all of your stretch marks will still be there.  In spite of all of any and all claims and hype to the contrary, there is nothing which removes stretch marks.  They are a permanent part of the skin.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon who can explain these choices to you, in detail.  Good luck.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question at pictures.

You should be commended for your significant successful weight loss.

Based on your  history, pictures, and goals it is most likely that you will benefit from tummy tuck surgery. This operation will serve to remove a significant amount (but not all)  of stretch marks present,  remove significant skin and subcutaneous tissue, and “tighten up” abdominal wall muscles that have likely spread with weight gain/loss.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Lipo vs tummytuck

+1

You may get some benefit from lipo, but it would be small compared to a tummytuck or belt abdominoplasty. The trade off is the scar and only you can make that decision. Your first next step is to see a plastic surgeon.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Liposuction versus tummy tuck

+1

I think of liposuction is an option for you. Your skin is loose and you have stretch marks but does not seem to be too severe I think that liposuction of the abdomen flank can give you a narrow waist and a more cut look. The other thing interesting about is what you want. Would you rather not have a scar and have some loose skin or tight skin and the long scar. So the same result may make one person happy and another person may be unhappy with that result.

Wendell Perry, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Based upon the posted photos you are border line TT vs Lipo. Best to obtain in person examination like from Dr Micheal Schefflan.