Would you recommend a Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

Based on my pictures, do you Doctors believe I could benefit from a liposuction, tummy tuck, or both? Im seeking a flat stomach with no love handles.

More often than not liposuction is NOT the answer, but in your case...

+2

FAR more often to get the flattest tightest tummy you need a tummy tuck.  Occasionally, and maybe in your case, you can get almost as good a result with liposuction but SO MANY PATIENTS ARE DECEIVED into thinking that liposuction can do as well as a tummy tuck.  That is simply not the case as liposuction doesn't enhance skin shrinkage and doesn't tighten loose muscles or remove excess skin.  It is fine to have lipo but don't expect it to give you the tightest flattest result possible.  I have seen several recent patients who fell for that and now have uncorrectable destroyed abdomens from inappropriate liposuction.  

More often than not, Liposuction is the answer.

+2

From your photos, you need only liposuction and should have a great result.  Expect to be back to work in only 2 days and spend no less than about $5-6000.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The operation that is “best"  for you will be  based on your exact goals and physical examination. For example, “seeking a flat stomach” may mean different things to different people;  communication with your plastic surgeon in person is critical. If there is a failure to communicate exactly your goals are there is a high likelihood that you will be disappointed with the results of surgery.

I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

PHOTO: Tummy Tuck versus Liposuction

+1

This is a difficult diecsion based on the photo but my guess is that you would do well with a mini tummy tuck and lipo. However, you could get a decent result with a faster recovery using liposuction.

Liposuction is a good option for you if...

+1

Hi there, and thanks for your inquiry. You seem to have good quality of skin (younger, more elastic skin will have the best results post-surgery) and are not excessively overweight. Based upon these pictures, liposuction may be sufficient. However, the best way to assess your most beneficial option is to see a qualified surgeon in person.

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

Which is best, tummy tuck or liposuction?

+1

Liposuction alone is possible, however you need to be seen preferably by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Depending on the laxity of your skin will determine if you are a candidate for liposuction only. If the skin won't tighten up enough, you will not be happy with the result. To get the flattest tummy possible, a tummy tuck is the best procedure along with a waist enhancement which will get rid of love handles. However, you should not have a tummy tuck until you have had all the children you want, so liposuction alone could be the answer for now.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

This is a very difficult difference to explain in wrting and then the patient's own wishes and desires have to be considered.  You will need to discuss this with some one in consultation at the time that you can be examined.  The main issue is to have this discussion with some one that is equally versed in both procedures so you are not being "sold" the only procedure that is offered by that particular provider.

You have been given a lot of opinions on this post and the one that is most correct is the one that will get the results that you want.  Be sure to discuss these opinions with an unbiased surgeon so you are not being directed into a procedure that is not right for you.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck?

+1

From what I can tell from your pictures, you seem to have good skin quality and not much rectus diastasis. My vote is for liposuction. It will remove the underlying fat along your abdomen and love handles without a large lower abdominal scar as required by a tummy tuck.

We have been doing lipoabdominoplasty in my practice which seems to improve recovery and decrease complications, but I don't think you are a candidate for that  either.

Plain old liposuction is your answer.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck hard to chose but thanks for the posted photos. My choice is a mini + lipo in combo, SURPRISE! You need in person opinions. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Liposuction versus tummy tuck for the abdomen

+1

Hi Adidas,

You look like a good candidate for liposuction. Tummy tucks are needed in patients with extra skin and fat, as well as muscle laxity (looseness) of the abdominal wall. You look simply to have excess fat with good skin quality.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD