Liposuction + Tummy Tuck, 1 week post-op, I look 6 months pregnant. WHY?

I'm 1 week post op, have had bowel movements almost everyday. Drinking liquids. Eating healthy. My doctor removed 6lbs of fat and skin. I wasn't too big before surgery just saggy. Now i look WAY bigger than I did before I went it. I really look 6 months pregnant. Is this normal? I mean i didnt need to pay 15,000$ to look pregnant. any comments/details would be great!!!

Too early to tell what you will look like

+2
1 week post surgery is too early to know what your tummy will look like.  There are many reasons why you may look more full than expected.  It is best to ask your plastic surgeon and he or she will be better able to explain what is going on after seeing your abdomen.  When I do a tummy tuck I tell my patients that it takes about 6 to 12 weeks before the true results of the tummy tuck become evident.  Some improvement will be visible immediately but it takes time for the surgical swelling to go down and the final result appear. 

Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Recover, Healing & What to Expect Following Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

Swelling like you describe is absolutely normal (and
expected) after the surgery that you had. You are extremely early out from
surgery, and have probably not even reached the peak of your swelling yet!
Especially after liposuction, the swelling doesn’t even begin to mobilize until
3 to 4 weeks after surgery. During that time many people compare how bloated
they feel to how they felt with pregnancy … but don’t lose faith – it all goes
away as you get further out from the procedure. Doing the things you listed
with eating healthy and staying hydrated will help to keep this all on track.
Also, wearing your compression surgical garments and following the activity
restrictions your surgeon gave you will get you through this awkward phase
sooner.

Marie E. Montag, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon