When Can I Have a Tummy Tuck Revision?

I had a full Tummy Tuck 7 1/2 weeks ago with some Liposuction on the hips for contour. It's very tight in the front when standing, and I do have some swelling, but no fluid. I have a roll when sitting, and love handles on the sides. I consulted my surgeon about this and was examined naked and yes it's smooth, but in clothes no. I don't think enough skin was removed. When can I have a revision? I am 125 lbs and 5'4". Thank you.

Wait 6 months before tummy tuck revision.

+2

Your skin will stretch and you will be standing straighter after 3-4 month post abdominoplasty. As you stand straighter, the excess around your flanks and waist will re drape and look better.

If after 6 months you still see excess fat in the areas then additional liposuction may be indicated. If you do opt for further liposuction, new laser liposuction may offer skin tightening advantages

Wait a minimum of 4 months before undergoing abdominoplasty revision

+2

In order to allow sufficent time for resolution of edema and scar maturation, which may be contributing to the appearance you describe, I would advise you to wait a minimum of 4 months prior to undergoing an abdominoplasty revision.

It is not at all uncommon to experience these early in the postoperative period. Many of my patients do not experience any significant change in dress sizes until 2-3 months after surgery when they suddenly notice more dramatic changes.

The lower abdominal region and pubis are the last areas for the swelling to resolve.

Need To Wait

+1

You need to wait at least 6 months for any revisions and sometimes langer than that. Many things will change during that time bith for the better and for the worse. The reason you need to wait is to have a stable situation so you know what needs to be improved upon.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge surgery results

+1

At 7.5 weeks, it is really to early to judge the results of your surgery...in addition to planning the next surgery. I would wait until you are at least 6 if not 12 months after surgery to judge and evaluate the final result. If at that time there are concerns, you and your surgeon should procede with a revision if warranted.

Barry E. DiBernardo, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon