Still in Pain 15 Years After Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

I had Liposuction 15 years ago and I still have pain and burning. My abdomen is still lumpy. I had a tummy tuck at the same time. My upper part is way bigger than the lower.

I put on weight to hide the difference. I am unhappy. I went back and let my doctor see the results and he had a freaked out look on his face and I could tell it’s not right. He won’t admit he messed up now it’s too late to sue and I am afraid to go back.

Help,
Joyce

Problems 15 years after surgery

+1

Very unfortunately, at 15 years after surgery, the problems you have don't qualify for any legal action and they are probably also permanent unless you undergo some other revision. The revision might not succeed in relieving all of the problems and the pain may remain a problem. But it is worth seeing 2 or 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your area who can look at what was done and decide if a new plan might help you. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

There are occasional bad results after liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Forget aboutt the past.  Find another plastic surgeon.  I bet that with a good revision liposuction and tummy tuck, you can end up with a good result.

15 Years of Dissatisfaction after Belly Surgery

+1

Dear Joyce,

I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy and that you remain in pain. Please return to your doctor. At the minimum, ask for your records and seek a second opinion (from a doctor certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery).

The issue is not who is at fault. (The surgeon's for over-aggressive surgery in one area, and under-aggressive in another? Yours for gaining weight?) My goal for you would be to relieve your pain and to restore your confidence.

Michael C. Pickart, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Ventura Plastic Surgeon

15 years after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

It has been quite awhile since your surgery, and a number of things could have happened. Gaining weight may have altered the results. Unfortunately, it may take more surgery to get the results that you want. But this time, if you're unhappy let the surgeon know sooner so that he/she can try to resolve the problems so that you're happy.