Possible to Have Liposuction One Day then Tummy Tuck Next Day?

Over the past year I have lost weight, and I still have a belly with the love handles to go with it. I really want to get surgery, and was wondering if getting a tummy tuck and lipo is a good idea. Can you do Liposuction one day and the Tummy Tuck the next day?

Usually you would get the tummy and liposuction together

+1

It doesn't make sense to separate your tummy tuck and liposuction by only one day.  If you want to do liposuction and wait to see how it turns out before you procede with a tummy tuck I would recommend waiting at least three months between procedures.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Separate these procedures

+1

It is better to separate these procedures by several weeks. Ask the surgeon with whom you consult as to the safe waiting period in between both procedures.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Separating Tummy Tuck & Liposuction

+1

There is no advantage to separating a TT and Lipo of love handles by 1 day.  Depending on the extensiveness of both procedures, the procedures can either be performed at the same time or should be separated by several weeks to a few months.  You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

John Whitt, MD

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck can be done both at the same time

+1

JoelT,

Good question. Depending on a few factors depends on the answer. Love handles usually respond very well to liposuction. I prefer VASER liposuction simply because of the quick recovery. The belly area is at times not good for liposuction simply because some times the fat is not superficial.

JoelT, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment to be examined by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the area you live. You can go to the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) website to find a doctor. Then he or she can give you advise to get you the result you are looking for.

Good Luck with your search!

Andrew Y. Kleinman, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

They can be done together.

+1

Depending on the amount of fat that is to be removed and whether you need a full or modified tummy tuck, they can be done together. You  save time and money. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Do your tummy tuck and liposuction of the abdomen and love handles together

+1

Liposuction of the love handles and tummy should be done at the same time as the tummy tuck if you truly need a tummy tuck. Tummy tucks are usually done under general anesthesia but more doctors are doing them under local now.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon