Liposuction, Body Contouring or Tummy Tuck Enough for Bulges?

I'm 27 years old, I weight 260 lbs and I'm 5 ft even. I have tried all kinds of diets and some have worked. However, when I lose weight I usally gain a little bit more than what I lost. I have huge love handles at the front and back. Also, I had 3 c-sections so I have a big abdomen. Will liposuction, body contouring or a tummy tuck help me get rid of all this bulges of fat?

Body contouring procedures should not be used for weight loss.

+1

Dear Frustrated, It’s important to remember that body contouring procedures like liposuction and tummy tuck surgery should not be used for weight loss.  These cosmetic procedures are best reserved for those patients of a healthy weight who are looking to remove excess, hanging skin after substantial weight loss or those looking to eliminate small, isolated areas of fat. Body contouring procedures can be dramatically compromised by excess weight and your risk of complications also increases, so it is best to first achieve a healthy body weight.

Athens Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss Approach vs Body Contour Procedures

+1

Based on your height and weight, your body mass index is in an unhealthy range. Before considering body contour procedures you need a comprehensive weight loss approach which may include diet and exercise as well as possible evaluation by a weight loss or bariatric surgeon. You will get a much better result if you are able to get your weight down to a more healthy range and then consider your body contour options.

LapBand not Liposuction for you!

+1

You don't need plastic surgery. At least not yet.

If every effort to lose weight with behavior modificaiton, diet and exercise has failed you, then you need to have some form of weight loss surgery, such as an intestinal bypass or a LapBand.

Those procedures will make you healthier and looking your best. Tummy tucks and lipo will never make you ultimatley look good nor will they improve your health.

Web reference: http://www.drteitelbaum.com

Body Contouring

+1

I would say at this point that you are not a candidate for elective plastic surgery and body contouring. It has too much risks for you and you at increased risk for wound healing problems. You need to lose the weight prior to body contouring. You will likely need body contouring surgery after losing the weight first. You may want to look into option of weight loss surgery to help you achieve your goals.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Addressing the weight loss issue

+1

A step wise plan needs to be advised to completely address your problem. All the procedures that you mentioned are very helpful to remove excess skin and some fat from the body. Since your BMI is very elevated, the main issue is to address the weight issue. A consultation with a bariatric surgeon would give you all the options (Lap band versus gastric bypass). Hope that helps!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/liposuction/

Liposuction, body contouring or tummy tuck for bulges

+1

Dear Frustrated,

A BMI over 30 qualify as obese and over 40 as morbidly obese.Your BMI is 50.8.

While you could have any of the operations you mentioned, your risk of complications would be higher and your cosmetic results would be poorer than if your BMI was under 30.

In my opinion, you would be best serve with a bariatric surgical procedure which WILL help you lose at least 150 pounds if not more. This will not only correct any diabetes and high blood pressure you may already have or are going to have but will prevent back and hip/knee arthritis. Overall it will extend your life.

On the cosmetic side, the extent of correction we as plastic surgeons can achieve with a deflated, massive weight loss patient is VASTLY SUPERIOR to the results we can achieve with patients with BMI's in the 40's or higher.

I regret that this may disappoint you but in a longer term it will prolong your life AND allow whoever you chose as your plastic surgeon to truly give you the figure you always dreamed about.

Good Luck.

Body contouring for weight loss

+1

The height and weight you provide do not put you in a category for having elective body contouring procedures yet. The surgeries you describe have better outcomes after you have lost your weight. If you have not tried formal diet and exercise, I would recommend seeing a nutritionist and personal trainer along with guidance from you personal physician to help you lose the weight that will be good for your overall health. Sometimes patients need bariatric surgery for weight loss if they are unable to do it with diet and exercise. This of course depends on whether or not you are a candidate for bariatric surgery. Plastic surgery is typically reserved for patients who have completed their weight loss and have been stable in their final weight for about one year. At that point your risks will be much lower and outcomes much better and longer lasting.

Web reference: http://www.stcharlesplasticsurgery.com/html/body.html

Body contouring options

+1

All of the procedures that you describe can help you to regain your figure. However, it's difficult to tell exactly what you need without actually seeing you. Be careful, though, as cosmetic surgery shouldn't be used for weight loss. Eating healthy and regular exercise is very important, and if you've failed multiple diets you may want to consider a weight loss managment center. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

No to that

+1

I woud recommend that you consult with a bariatric surgeon for weight loss, as the cosmetic procedures you are thinking of are not intended for that purpose.  Be aware however that bariatric surgery requires a dedication to life change.

sek

Obesity and treatment options

+1

The procedures you mentioned are not answers to lose weight.  Diet and exercise or lap banding or gastric bypass procedures may help you lose weight., Liposuction and tummy tucks( really just tummy tuck) will help remove lose skin when you have lost the weight.