Liposuction Touch Up for Bulgy Midriff After Tummy Tuck?

Is it normal for my midrif to become a little bit soft and bulgy after time? Should I get some more Liposuction?

Also, should I get the little bulgy lumps under my breasts seen to or is it normal to just have them after this sort of surgery?

Liposuction for changes in Tummy Tuck results

+1

After a tummy tuck, the result can change with age and changes in weight. If this new "uninvited guest" (your new tummy change) is primarily composed of fat, some liposuction might make it better. Maybe have your surgeon take a look.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Softening in the midriff

+1

Depending on how far up to the rib cage your plastic surgeons repaired your stretched out abdominal muscles, you may experience a relative "bulge" above the belly button. If the repair was from the ribcage to the pubis, it may be due to reaccumulation of fat in this area. Regional liposuction of this area may restore that firm appearance, which you initially enjoyed. Don't worry, the midriff skin will shrink well and not require further resection. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Correction of a full upper abdomen after tummy tuck

+1

This is common in individuals who are above their ideal body weight.

Occasionally a second stage liposuction procedure may provide improvement.

Liposuction is often not performed at the initial procedure due to the possible interference with blood supply to the lower abdomen and increased incidence of complications.

Seek a plastic surgeon's advice to determine if this is due to localized fat or some other correctable condition.