3 Weeks Post-Op Liposuction to Thighs and Knees, Is it Normal How Tight it Feels When Walking?

I had lipsocution to my inner thighs and knees 3 weeks ago (I know it's not so long ago) and most pain and bruising has gone. But I have noticed if I excercise or sit in one place for too long that when I start to walk that the entire area feels really really tight, like something inside is about to snap. Stretching helps after, and I have tried to massage the area with the palm of my hands to get in deep - but it's a little worrying when it's hard to walk..

Tight feeling after liposuction

+1

What you are describing is normal as the tissues are still healing and get stiff from the recent injury there. In time the scar tissue and the other tissues get softer and more mobile and that sensation will leave

Liposuction of Legs and Tight when Walking?

+1

Your description of your post operative situation sounds typical for patients who have had liposuction of the lower extremities. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you have to direct examination.

Stiffness After Knee Liposuction

+1

What you are experiencing is very typical and completely predictable. Tightness and stiffness is what every patient that has knee liposuction will experience for six to eight weeks after surgery. This is because the knee is the only area on the body in which liposuction is performed across a moveable joint area. This makes bending the knee difficult until the area is more fully healed. In addition, it is also an area due to gravity and flexion that can have some persistent swelling for a few months. You just have to continue to stretch and massage the area. It will return to normal but not within the first weeks after surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction and tightness

+1

It is very diffcult to say without an exam , but more than likely it is swelling that persists. Swelling can take several months to go away.