1 Month Post-Lipo - Lumpy Inner Thighs. Normal?

I had liposuction a month ago on multiple areas of my legs, and everything looks good except for my inner thighs. They look lumpy and uneven. I wear my compression garment and still feel like it wont go away. My doctor said he might have to do some revision. is this normal?

Liposuction lumpiness

+2

At only one month post-liposuction, this all might be swelling. Sometimes you have to have revision of the area if the area was not adequately treated.

Lumpy inner thighs one month post liposuction

+2

It is way to early to be considering a revision.  It normally takes four months to get the final result.  With that being said, you and your surgeon should keep an eye on the mid medial thigh region bilaterally.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Post-liposuction irregularities: what to do

+2

At one month, you still have considerable swelling. It would be premature to consider any revisionary surgery. As  you increase your activity,  you may want to consider both  home massage and lymphatic massage to help "smooth" any irregularities. We often wait a full six months before even considering any revisions as it may take that long for the swelling to completely resolve.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Inner thigh lumpiness after liposuction

+2

At one month it is not a fair evaluation because of swelling. You should maintain wearing the compression garment and wait a few more months. As the inner thigh is more apt to develop irregular contour and sagging after liposuction than other body sites, it may be that you will desire a revision. Sometimes fat injections are used for indentations and small liposuction on residual fatty areas can be done. Aggressive liposuction should not be attempted in this area to revise it as it can make it worse.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lumpy bumpy inner thigh liposuction treated area

+2

It sounds as if your surgeon is being honest and I would respect that. It is quite common to be more swollen, irregular and lumpy at 1 month than it is at 3-6 months so give it time to soften before contemplating surgery.

Lumps after Liposuction

+2

Temporary lumps and unevenness after liposuction can be part of a "normal" recover.  We often encourage our patients to message the areas of firmness or lumps several times per day for up to 6-8 weeks. Often these areas resolve.  However, the uneven look of the inner thigh may be due to skin excess.  You are best served by routine follow up with your surgeon at about the 6 month point.  He/she should then be able to evaluate the result and need for possible thigh lift.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lumps after liposuction

+2

At 1 month after liposuction, this may be normal. Check with your surgeon if you should continue with compression, massage keep waiting. If you do need a revision, you surgeon will most likely want to wait about 6 months to allow for the tissue to soften. Revisions like this are common and can sometimes be done in the office.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

LUMPS AFTER LIPO

+1
The swelling after liposuction can be visible for months so one month is not enough time to see your final result.  Your final result will be visible in 6 months to a year.  Wearing your compression garment 24 hours a day for 6 weeks will help diminish the swelling, help the skin retract, and help any “lumpiness” smooth out.  Eventually if you are unhappy with your results it would be possible to perform the liposuction again but that is best decided by you and your plastic surgeon.  My advice is to be patient and keep doing what you’re doing.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Lumpiness After Liposcution of Inner Thighs

+1

Did you had cellulite or irregularity in your inner thighs before surgery? If you did, it is very difficult to completely correct them.

Having said that, at one month if it too early to judge the final result. I always recommend waiting at least 3-6 months (depending on the progress of the patient) before making a final recommendation.

Be patient!

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon