How Many Liposuction Treatments Can I Have for Thighs and Knees?

I had a revision surgery on my inner thighs and knees 10 months after my first Liposuction. I am now 7 months after my revision surgery and I still do not feel that I have obtained the results that my surgeon and I had discussed prior to both surgeries (I have also lost weight after both surgeries). Can I have another Liposuction session? How many sessions are safe to have for these areas? Is the surgeon responsible for the costs since the goal has not been obtained? Thanks kindly for your response in advance.

Limitation not on the number of Liposuction procedures

+2

It is not the number of liposuction procedures that one can do in one area that is the limitation, it is the anatomy that determines what procedure might be helpful. Losing weight, particularly if significant and especially if it will affect the area of surgical concern, can make post-operative results unpredictable. My advice would be to get in the most healthy and most stable lifestyle possible for your individual situation and then visit with a surgeon to see what anatomical changes surgery can produce.

Revision liposuction

+1

It is difficult to say whether or not you can have revision liposuction on your legs for a 3rd time.  What exactly is the problem?  Sometimes the complaint is loose skin which may require excision.

Liposuction needs to be done only once.

+1

Hi,

My advice is go see  another surgeon.  There is something wrong.  You can certainly have liposuction of the same area two or three times, but the point is you should not need to.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Discuss this with your doctor

+1

Normally, a patient can have there goals achieved with one liposuction. After having 2 or more surgeries, you should have a consultation with another surgeon to make sure you do not end up with sagging skin. This is very difficult to correct. As to the cost, the surgeon is only agreeing to do his best and not to achieve a perfect result. You can ask the surgeon if you could have a reduced fee for any further liposuction, but I would get a second opinion anyway before proceeding.