Will Previous Knee Surgery Affect Liposuction?

I've lost 30kgs and had Tummy Tuck surgery 12 months ago. I also had knee surgery 7 months ago. Will the knee surgery affect the Liposuction on the thighs? Thanks.

Liposuction after Knee Surgery

+1

I would say if you have recovered uneventfully and if you were one of my patients, I would feel comfortable performing liposuction on the thighs.

Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon for your surgical procedure.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-liposuction-newport-beach.php

Prior knee surgery should not affect your upcoming liposuction

+1

As long as the incisions have healed on your knees and you don't have swelling that could be bothered by the compression garment after liposuction you could probably undergo the thigh liposuction with no concerns of it being interefered by the knee surgery. Do check with your orthopedist, though, prior to booking the liposuction.

Liposuction after knee surgery

+1

If it was an uncomplicated knee surgery then enough time has passed that the effects should be minimal to none.  It will not effect the liposuction but may prolong swelling for a brief period.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Previous Knee Surgery

+1

Liposuction will not affect the inner knee but is associated with swelling which is treated with compression garments. The swelling may be greater based on the location and the length of the knee surgery incisions. But there is no reason why you could not have liposuction.

Dr. P. Aldea

Liposuction of thighs OK after knee surgery.

+1

Hi.

I don't think your previous knee surgery will have any negative effect on liposuction of your thighs.  Your surgeon just has to move you carefully when position is changed.

Knee surgery should not affect liposuction.

+1

If the knee surgery was endoscopic  it should not affect your liposuction and probably not even if it was opened. You can ask your surgeon when he evaluates you.

Previous knee surgery will not affect Liposuction

+1

No relationship between the 2 areas but maybe longer edema, higher risk of thrombophebilitis on the knee surgery side. Photos would have been useful. Regards.

Lipo after knee surgery

+1

There should be no reason why knee surgery 7 months ago would prevent you from having lipo. My biggest concern would be if you had a knee replacement and the risk of infection. Other than this all the other risks and complications remain in place. If your surgery was open (with a large incision) versus closed arthroscopically with small incisions there could be more swelling but I believe that would be about all. Good luck with your surgery.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Precautions with liposuction following knee surgery

+1

The knee surgery itiself if the scar is located over the "knee cap", should not interfere with the mechanical performance of liposuction. However, you may experience prologned swelling due to surgical scarring of the veins and could place you at higher risk for a blood clot of the calf veins. Preventative measures should be used in any prolonged surgery or for prolonged immobilization under general anesthesia.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.