Tenderness and Burning After Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

Had Liposuction and an Inner Thigh Lift, As Well As a Tummy Tuck. It is Now 5 Weeks.  I have extreme tenderness on my inner thighs, the tops of my legs and above my knee are painful, but bearable.

My surgeon does not know why this is happening. I have been off work.The morning is the best time. As the morning progresses my inner thighs get worse. A feeling of tightness, tenderness (to touch) and sometimes parts are a bit burning. He said he worked agressively to give my legs the best look he could but has worked harder on others without this happening?

Tummy tuck, liposuction

+3
Although not common some patients do experience burning and tenderness for a longer period of time. This usually does resolve over a few months.

Pain and burning after liposuction, thigh lift and tummy tuck

+3

This is most probably due to paresthesias due to nerve injury.  These generally improve with time.  If persistent I would recommend a pain specialist.  Donald R Nunn MD  Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Postoperative pain after liposuction and tummy tuck

+2

Sensations of burning and tingling can persist from weeks to months after body contouring surgery, and so I'm not surprised that you are having some discomfort. The short answer is that the discomfort you are feeling should resolve with enough time. However, that doesn't make you feel better until then. If your issues persist, the nerves causing your pain may be somewhat alleviated with neuropathic medications like lyrica or neurontin. You may also try therapeutic massage geared towards postoperative patients, which may also alleviate some of your discomfort. Unfortunately, there is no easy solution for the short term, but your symptoms should resolve in the upcoming months. Best of luck to you.

Derek Lou, MD