Can Liposuction on Thighs Cause Sagging?

I'll have Tummy Tuck  and Breast Augmentation with some Liposuction. They say very little lipo to inner outer thighs. I'm very concerned. Can you do lipo underneath a "bubble butt" or will it start to sag then?

Can sagging skin on in thigh be avoided? I am told I have good elastisity still (age 37) What about ripples? Any suggestions??

Skin quality is very important to liposuction results.

+3

Liposuction is very good at removing fat bulges and improving contours due to fat accumulation. When doing liposuction on the thighs you have to be extra careful to avoid contour irregularities. Choose a plastic surgeon that is well trained and experienced in liposuction. Do not worry about the type or technique of liposuction, but the surgeon that is doing the procedure.

The inner thigh skin is very thin so this area will be the most likely to show skin looseness. Most women are happy to get rid of the fat bulge and trade it for a little skin laxity. If you have good skin elasticity you will have very little problem. The outer thigh area (saddle bags) has better skin thickness but may have some laxity depending on prior weight and inherited traits.

The posterior thigh or banana roll area beneath the buttocks should be suctioned very little if at all. The butt will sag if you decrease the roll in this area. You may need to consider a butt lift to get improvement in this area.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+2

Dear Stay Young, liposuction of the outer thigh and under a 'bubble butt" can be done- the question of how much and the possible risks must be answered by your surgeon. The quality and shape of the skin (pre-existing bumps etc) will in part determine the outcome. Liposuction itself does not tighten the skin- ultrasonic lipo or other techniques may help with the results but this has not been proven with good studies.

Removal of small volumes of fat is reasonable and make the risk of deformities less.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Prediciting skin laxity after liposcution is difficult.

+1

This really depends on several factors the most important of which are existing skin laxity and dimples and inherent elasticity as well as volume of fat to be extracted.

The less fat you remove, the less likely there is to be skin laxity.

This is a difficult thing to predict. Almost as difficult as predicting if someone will get stretch marks when they eventually become pregnant: some people do and others don't

Liposuction

+1

Over aggressive liposuction of the inner thighs can definitely lead to sagging skin.  The is less likely on the "bubble butt" or "banana rolls."  Rippling can develop from over/under resection or poor quality skin.

It depends on the surgeon and the surgery.

+1

If you select a good, experienced surgeon you should be able to avoid all of those problems. The surgeon should know how much to remove and how to do it.