What is Better Liposuction or Thermage? (photo)

Hi doctors, I am 19 years old, I'm a female and my weight is 195 pounds my height is 5'7 i beleive. i always been a bigger girl and i just would reallly want to know what is best for me as of RIGHT NOW.. liposuction,or thermage.

Liposuction vs Thermage

+1

Dear beeee123 - there is no contest.  Thermage is not a very good procedure.  Liposuction will give you more bang for the buck and give you a permanent result.

Liposuction vs. Thermage

+1

Liposuction and Thermage: apples and oranges. Liposuction removes adipose cells (fat), while Thermage tightens loose skin. Thus, liposuction is absolutely the procedure you are the better candidate for. Thermage may apply to you if you have excess sagging skin after significant weight loss. However, before you are a candidate for liposuction, most physicians will recommend that you lose at least 25 pounds. Liposuction is NOT intended for weight loss, it is intended for body contouring of areas that do not respond to vigorous exercise and diet. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Liposuction, Yes - Thermage, No

+1

Being a 19 year old girl, 5'7" and almost 200 pounds has to be very emotionally challenging.  Obviously, diet and exercise are very important, and because of your obvious physiology, they should become a part of your weekly routine for the remainder of your life. 

All that being said, liposuction can get rid of some of the bulges and potentially change that area in the brain (hypothalmus) that determines when you are hungry and when you are full.  Liposuction at 19 when done by a well trained, Board Certified plastic surgeon using traditional liposuction techniques is very safe and should be very effective in making you feel better about yourself. 

Thermage, on the other hand, will not go deep enough to make any significant changes in your body shape and overall weight. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

What is Better Liposuction or Thermage?Answr:

+1

Forget about Thermage....You would benefit much more by aggressive Liposuction and maybe of the hips as well as the tummy...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction would make a big difference for big girls with big tummies!

+1

Liposuction is very easy to undergo and would reduce your fuller abdomen and hips. Once you see the improvements, it motivates patients to work out more and diet more to continue to improve.  Cost is roughly $6,000 on special and you can be back to work in usually 2 days. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix, Making little differences is sometimes as important as making Big differences.

+1

First of all an honest and fair question to ask of yourself, is at what body weight would you begin feeling good about yourself, and then realize that you just don't loose weight with liposuction, and that is never does any surgeon tell you that you will loose weight with liposuction, the only way you loose the weight you want is the old fashioned hard way, eating right and eating less, and that is a better word than diet, as diet just means loosing and putting it back on again.  The little bit that might make a big difference, in shape doesn't have to be going all the way with liposuction, which may never be what you really wanted, but give some thought to Liposonix, particularly for the fullness around the mid and lower tummy area, noninvasive, no cannulas, no entry sites to stitch and sew, no suction like in the videos you've seen, and said, "I never want to do that",  but Liposonix, FDA cleared high energy focused ultrasound for noninvasive fat removal.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction or Thermage?

+1

Thermage will be of no benefit to you. Liposuction will give you a modest improvement. It's hard to tell from photos alone without an examination, but it appears that a great deal of your extra weight is in the tissues inside the abdomen and thus is not fat that can be removed by liposuction. That can be controlled only by weight loss. If I were you I would not spend a lot of money for a potentially small gain until getting down to a BMI of 25 or so. That would be a weight of 170# or less. I know it is hard to be patient and do it the right way but it is even harder to spend thousands of dollars and get little return.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What is Better Liposuction or Thermage?

+1

The posted photo make it clear that you need at least a liposuction. The only thing the non invasive Thermage will invade is your pocket book. 

Liposuction better alternative than thermage

+1

Thermage is designed for only a slight correction, typically utilized for tightening of the face. Liposuction would be the better alternative.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Liposuction removes fat

+1

Liposuction will give you the most fat removal. The Thermage will not make much of a difference. You should be aware that with liposuction you may end up with loose skin.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon