Is liposuction the best procedure for me?

Hi. I am 22 years old and I am considering liposuction, but I am not sure of liposuction or liposculpturing would be the best procedure. I have always these large flanks and a little belly. Which areas should I ask the surgeon to remove the fat tissue? I am 167cm and 73 kgs Thanks

Liposuction vs Liposculpture

+1

The terms liposuction versus liposculpture are used interchangeably but in reality, there is no significant difference between their perceived methods. Good body sculpting is good body sculpting. Final word, body contouring by liposuction cannula.

Liposuction

+1

From the photos it looks like you are a great candidate for liposuction. I would recommend liposuction of the abdomen and flanks. Being that you are young and active, your skin should tighten up once the fat is removed very nicely. I would recommend visiting a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss further.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

I think you could be an excellent candidate for liposuction. Be sure to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area for their opinion.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Is liposuction/liposculpture the best procedure for me

+1

Yes! Liposuction to your abdomen, flanks and lower back would be a good option and would benefit you. From your photos, it looks like you have good skin quality so your skin should tighten up nicely. It's a good time to have this procedure because it's colder out so you can conceal your compression garment and swelling in clothing. Definitely go see a board certified plastic surgeon to get a more precise recommendation and go from there. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would liposuction the lower abdomen, flanks, and back to achieve the best result.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction for Male Abdomen and Flanks

+1

Despite your young age, your fat collections particularly in the flanks, are best treated by liposuction. At the same time the abdominal area can be treated as well. The difference between liposuction and liposculpture is largely semantics, liposculpture is often used when smaller and more discrete fat collections are being removed. But it is still liposuction even though it sounds more sophisticated and exacting.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction is a great option for men

+1

The stubborn "spare tire" in men is best treated with liposuction. The results are usually quite dramatic with a quick weekend recovery. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs liposuction on men frequently.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

+1

Can you have a procedure done? Sure. Depending on the area treated, you may end up with a favorable result.

But the "best" procedure for you should be based on an actual consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. That way, you can express what your goals are in person and the surgeon can give you your options, tailored to your desires.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Liopsuction?

+1

You might very well be a good candidate for liposuction , but you would have to be seen in person. Good luck.

+1

You do appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of your hips/"love handles" and your abdomen. Liposuction, lipocontouring, liposculpture, etc. are all names for the same thing. Do not be seduced by proprietary names such as SmartLipo that are simply marketing ploys more commonly promoted by physicians that are not certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There is no "cutting edge" technology that has been proven to offer any advantage over standard liposuction well-performed by a properly trained plastic surgeon.

Robert M. Grenley, MD