Best Liposuction Technique

what is the best type of liposuction to remove more fat from the abdomen? i have a small to medium body frame but i gain weight more on my breasts n stomach. If i do liposculpture on all my abdomen and fat transfer to my butt and thighs , what happens to the areas not treated with liposuction? would i gain weight on my chin and other parts of the body, Thanks

The best liposuction technique is to find the best surgeon!!

+4

The technology of liposuction, contrary to what the advertising would tell you, is to find the best surgeon who has the best training, talent and artistic eye.  Also, you need a surgeon who knows to be conservative in some areas and more aggressive in others depending on how the skin elasticity is in different parts of the body.  And one who will honestly sometimes have to tell you that you are not a good liposuction candidate.

The problem for the patient is that there are countless non-plastic surgeons using laser technologies who will try to "sell" you on the fact that the technology will overcome your poor skin elasticity and their lack of board certified proper training.  

I have seen several patients absolutely destroyed by doctors like these as they overdid the patients and ruined them.  This is such a shame and it all came from the patients looking for technology rather than the best surgeon.

Liposuction of the abdomen and fat injections to the buttocks

+3
Liposuctionis an excellent tool to remove unwanted fat from some areas, and now, even transfer that fat to other areas. When performing fat transfer and injections, I recommend using traditional liposuction so that the fat is not damages by heat. The areas that are liposuctioned will not "gain" weight as much as before. If the abdominal skin is loose, then abdominoplasty or a tummy tuck is a better option. Find a board certified plastic surgeon for a full consultation and recommendations.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Any Doc can be great at liposuction if he/she has a lot of experience with their own technique.

+2

Find a doc with a lot of yrs of experience and one who focuses the majority of his practice in liposuction.  They should have a great repoire with you and be able to answer all your questions and show dramatic before and after photos.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Liposuction Technique is the Surgeon

+2
I couldn't agree more with Dr. Rand.  It's not the type of liposuction that you should be researching but the surgeon who performs it.  There are many different techniques but ultimately they all have the same effect.  The futuristic names and features are marketing ploys.  SmartLipo is one of the most marketed liposuctions.  The smartest thing about SmartLipo is the name.  And in the hands of an inexperienced family doctor it can lead to a disaster. 
To obtain the ideal liposuction outcome, find a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has extensive experience with liposuction (and most do), who can show you before and after pictures that you like, and who you feel you can talk to and depend on in case things don't turn out according to the plan.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Liposuction technique more important than technology

+2
If you are planning to use the fat for transfer to other areas then you definitely don't want a laser technique. Fat usually does not return to areas where it was removed but it is not a substitute for weight loss. Most important is to choose the right surgeon, not the technique.

Richard Baxter, MD

Weight gain after liposuction

+1

This is a commonly asked question but not so commonly understood.  Our bodies exist in homeostasis.  If we are gaining weight that means we eat more calories than we expend.  If we lose weight we are using more calories.  If our weight is somewhat overweight and yet stable, it means that we eat more calories than we need. if the amount of exercise and diet doesn't change after liposuction, then the same calories going in to our bodies after the procedure will put more weight back on to compensate for the amount of fat removed. The area that underwent liposuction will have less fat cells (but still have some).  It can regain some weight, but other areas that didn't undergo liposuction will have their normal fat cell population so new fat can go there preferentially but some back on the area that had the procedure.  In other words, if liposuction is done on a patient who has excess fat in more than just one little bulge( that exists that can't be removed with diet and exercise) then the diet probably should consist of less calories per day or more exercise, or both, after the liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best method of Liposuction

+1
This is a recurrent question. Consistently, the answer has been the same. It is not the technique, it is the surgeon and their experience. Choose a surgeon with whom you are comfortable and who has significant experience with lipossuction. The non-treated areas remIn unchained from before surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Best Liposuction Technique

+1

I agree, it is the surgeon, not the technique- be sure to look at a lot of photo's and the surgeons credentials, not the type of technique they use!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Liposuction Technique

+1

I have been doing liposuction since 1982. It is not which type of lipo but the experience of the boarded PS, and if this experienced doctor has available all the types of liposuction (like I do). Be careful out there. From MIAMI