Liposuction Swelling - 2 Weeks Post-op, Is This My Final Result?

im 4 wks post op frm a tummy tuck scar revision w/ mscl repair and hip & inner and outter thigh lipo.. 2liters were removed total in lipo.. @ 2wks i was already dwn 2lbs prior 2 surgery.. @ 1 wk post op.. i was put in the small garment.. my question is, am i done being swollen? i still feel like my flanks look larger than my butt and feel swollen in my abdomen..i have asked my doc and he feels i am still swollen.if this is as good as its going to b, i would like to prepare

Two weeks is too early to judge the results of tummy tuck

+2

In my opinion, you are expecting too much at two weeks. I generally advise my patients to wait at least 3-4 months to judge the results or to await for skin contraction and minor secondary revisions such as dog ears.

Swelling after lipo

+2

Be patient.  I tell my patients to wait at least 3 months before passing judgment on their result.  Eat right, ease back into exercise, wear your garment as instructed by your doctor, massage the treated areas when they are not longer sore and give it some time.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Liposuction results

+1
It generally takes about three to four months for results to appear after liposuction and it will take longer because of the tummy tuck you've had as well. Please wait a little while longer  to judge your results. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Liposuction Results

+1

At 2 weeks, it is too early to see the end result.  

Thank you for your question.   This is a common concern that we see.   Patients will typically reach maximum swelling at 72 hours and then slowly begin going down.   

Based on my experience, I typically tell my patients that 50% of my result is from surgery, and the other 50% of the end result is appropriate compression and removal of the swelling. 

I recommend that patients maintain a tight compression garment continously for 72 hours (the peak period of swelling), and then wear compression garments at all times unless bathing or washing garment.  If areas become hard or have prolonged swelling beyond 2 weeks, I recommend deep tissue massage.

I inform my patients that 90% of swelling is gone by 6 weeks and the remaining amount by 6 months.     I wish you a safe recovery and amazing end result.

Dr Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Swelling can camouflage the results of liposuction

+1

Swelling after surgery can camouflage your final results.  I tell my patients that it takes 3-6 months before you can really appreciate the finished product. Once the swelling has subsided and the skin has contracted, your results can be assessed. Assuming your surgery was performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, be patient and give it time. If you have any ongoing concerns, contact your plastic surgeon.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Results?

+1

Swelling is part of the healing process.  I ask my liposuction patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op surgery to help with the swelling.  The swelling can take months to subside and even longer for skin to “redrape".  At that point you will see the final results. 

Best Wishes.

Swelling after liposuction and abdominoplasty

+1

Swelling which occurs as a normal reaction after liposuction and abdominoplasty surgery may take several weeks to months to completely resolve. In addition, the skin needs to shrink down to the new contour and this process also requires time.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Final appearance from liposuction is not for several months

+1

There usually is continued retraction of tissue for up to six months after liposuction, so I doubt you have reached your final stage this early.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Swelling after body contouring

+1

Of course you are swollen. It takes at least 2 months after liposuction and abdominoplasty to start to see improved results as the majority of the swelling resolves. Sometimes swelling in the tissues or in the lower abdomen can persist for many months or longer. Be patient. Also avoid weight gain, which will negatively influence results.

Hayley Brown, MD

Patience

+1

No.  You are swollen and likely still bruised and have lumps and bumps.  Be reasonable and allow yourself to heal.

Scott E. Kasden, MD