Will Swelling from Lifting Go After Liposuction?

I am 1 month Liposuction post-op. I had my back, stomach and the love handles done. It was all good till 3 days ago on our way back from our holiday. In the airport, I start having a fever and bone aches, which is probably just a flu. But my stomach was in pain and it was very sensitive. On that day, I lifted some very heavy luggages--I know it was a very bad idea. When we got home, my stomach had swelled up so much even more than the beginning and it's a bit worrying. Is it infected? Is the swelling gonna go down? Thanks.

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Dear Amiro

I agree that you should be seen by your plastic surgeon to make sure there is not something else going on. Exercise alone does not usually cause this as I encourage my patients to go back to exercise 4-5 days after lipo if they are feeling up to it. I feel the endorphins released help with pain and mood and the muscle pumping may improve swelling.

The risk of infection is low at this point in time unless a seroma (fluid collection) remained. The best thing you can do for your own peace of mind is to be seen by your doctor.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Go see your physician to evaluate sudden swelling from lifting after liposuction

+1

You should go in for an evaluation.

There are several possibilities:

1. Early infection
  2. Seroma
  3. Hematoma
  4. Edema
  5. Fat necrosis

In any event, your surgeon will be best equipped to evaluate you and provide your with a diagnosis or treatment.