Liposuction for Smaller Waist?

My body measurements are 36-30-40....I would like for my waist to be around 24-25 inches. Can liposuction take those unwanted inches off my waist?

Liposuction is a contouring procedure

+1

Patients need an in-person evaluation so that the surgeon can evaluate the anatomy of an individual prior to stating whether or not they are a candidate for liposuction.  Some patients have a flare outwardly of a wider hip bone and their contour is not a fat deposit issue. Regardless, it is not realistic for many patients to have such a dramatic reduction in their waste as to reduce their size by half a foot.

Liposuction for a narrower waistline

+1

Liposuction is not a weight reduction procedure but can re-contour certain areas of your body which are not responsive to diet and exercise.  You may lose a few inches around your waist, but do not expect liposuction to necessarily reduce your waist for 5 or 6 inches.

A board certified plastic surgeon can evaluate you and give you a reasonable explanation of what you can achieve through liposuction.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Liposuction to narrow your waist

+1

Liposuction can be very effective at reshaping your figure. How many inches you lose from your waist with liposction depends on how much fat you have in that region. Losing 5 or 6 inches from your waist may or may not be feasible with liposuction alone. Liposuction removes extra-abdominal fat only, so if you carry a lot of intra-abdominal weight then liposuction will not give your the results you want. Also, a 24 inch waist is quite small, and is not necessarily attainable with liposuction or weight loss in all people. Depending on your genetics, frame, and body type. it may or may not be a feasible goal. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if this is an achievable and safe goal for you. Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD

Sounds like too much....

+1

To be targeting a particular waist size with liposuction or any cosmetic operation might be pushing it. Even a tummy tuck with a tight muscular repair might not get you that far. Your expectations seem quite high.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

There are limits to how much your waist can be narrowed with liposuction. It would depend on your fram and your weight. A 5 inch reduction would seem to be an unrealistic expectation.

David L. Abramson, MD

Liposuction for a smaller waist

+1

Liposuction is effective at trimming the waist and hip, but an expectation of a 24 inch waist may not be practical. A lace corset if you can tolerate it will get you there, though liposuction probably will not.

peterejohnsonmd