Is Liposuction Right for my Particular Situation?

Hello,I'm scared because i want liposuction on my lower abs and my hips I'm 25 male 5'10 171lbs size 30-32 waist,5 years ago i weighed 230lbs,So i went to every library in my area and read every book on nutrition.I changed my diet and exercise , within a year i lost 90lbs,then i decided to build muscle.Problem is that i still have a pouch on my lower abs, i had a consult,no excess skin, but that fat never went away no matter what i did. I did all of this work so it's not fair.Please help

Liposuction should be right for your particular situation.

+2

Liposuction under local tumescent anesthesia with the micro canulas work so well and is easy to undergo.  Expect to pay $5-6000 for the abdomen and hips if on special.  Alittle higher if not.   Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Male lipo for abdomen, good candidate?

+1

Diet and exercize is #1 which you have already done. The next invasive procedure is lipo which seems like a reasonable way to go if you do not have enough skin to resect and have good skin quality with localized fat.  

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Liposuction may not be enough after 50 pound weight loss

+1

I find it hard to believe that your skin is not loose after 50 pound weight loss. However, if it is a localized "pooch" and you retain excellent skin tone, tjen liposuctio could be an excellent option for you.

Liposuction for lower abdominal fat

+1
Congratulations on your hard work and the healthy way you reduced your weight. You might be an excellent candidate for liposuction provided your muscle hasn't bulged forward needing an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). This can be identified by a physical examination in the office quite readily.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction Right for my Particular Situation

+1

Unfortunately no photos were posted so we can not tell if you have a skin only issue or a skin + fat issue or just a fat issue. See 3 boarded surgeons in your area. Best of luck from MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Lower abdomen issue

+1

With the large fluctuation of weight the pouch you are describing may be loose skin and should be evaluated first.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction works best at contouring areas of localized fat, especially if there is not excess skin.  It sounds like this would be an option for you.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Liposuction best for local fat deposits

+1

Liposuction is the procedure of choice for localized fat deposits in the lower abdomen that have not responded to diet and exercise. With moderate weight loss, no pregnancies, and young elastic skin, you should do very well with a liposuction procedure.

peterejohnsonmd